Posted on: May 22, 2020
Merakey is currently seeking a Billing Specialist to join our
Merakey Financial Services division in our Harrisburg, PA
Pay Rate: $14.53 per hour
Shift: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm
The Billing Specialist is responsible for the daily activities
relating to ensuring the prompt and accurate entry and billing of
the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Service line.
Authorization entry, charge entry task and variance review are the
key components relating to successfully maintaining this position.
Ensures that information is received and entered within established
timeframes, allowing for no disruptions to the revenue cycle.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Adheres to and understands all Merakey Corporate and Business
Operations policies, standards and procedures.
- Must be highly organized and work well under pressure. Must be
able to work independently, as well as under supervision.
- Handles all aspects of consumer authorization management
relating to the IDD service line. (obtaining from state system,
entering into core billing system and resolving authorization
- Utilization of Pennsylvania State systems (HCSIS & PROMISe) to
retrieve and enter consumer related billing information.
- Ability to perform various billing task on multiple county and
- Generate, validate and send out consumer and payer invoices
from core billing system and QuickBooks application to payers and
- Support payment posting and balancing of cash receipts received
related to this position.
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good
judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness along with working in a
- Must be able to work effectively with others and have good
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in
education and human services
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education
provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals
and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions
and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their
families, public and private healthcare funders and community
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With
our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone
within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000
employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children
throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware,
Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
For more information on Merakey and our various divisions, please
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY TODAY www.merakey.org/careers
Requisition # 52475
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to
email your resume directly to our recruiter at
- One to three years of proven billing experience.
- Experienced with using Excel.
- Proven ability that displays accuracy, verification and
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks is desired.
- Experience and working knowledge of IDD (Intellectual
Disability) billing along with, the Pennsylvania HCSIS & PROMISe
system are a strong plus.
- Strong PC skills utilizing all aspects of Microsoft Office with
a focus on Excel.
- Experience working in Health Care business setting
- Strong Organizational and analytical skills required.
- Proven Customer Service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Merakey, Harrisburg , Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!