Senior IT Auditor
Company: Global Data Consultants
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Overview GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking a Senior IT
Auditor in the Harrisburg, PA area. Position Overview The
individual in this role is responsible for leading and conducting
complex independent and objective audits with respect to the
Information Technology division, department, and/or activity. This
individual is responsible for planning, organizing, and execution
of information system reviews. These audits include identifying
risks and tests controls associated with information systems
integrity and operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and
regulations, and system and data integrity. These audits also
include reviewing and reporting on the effectiveness of management
systems and controls, evaluating the integrity and reliability of
information used by management in decision making, and developing
and reporting recommendations for operational improvements and
correction of control or procedural deficiencies based on findings
and conclusions. This position is also responsible for developing
audit programs and procedures. Responsibilities
- Lead complex IT and integrated audits by evaluating
applications, system operations, and supporting infrastructure
including scheduling, processing, input/output systems flow,
controls and edits, data storage, and security procedures to ensure
that systems integrity exists.
- Lead and conduct reviews of processes, policies, procedures,
security, and configuration controls of existing systems as well as
proposed controls of new systems.
- Participate in risk assessment and planning discussions to
define audit objectives, scope, and develop audit programs based on
the defined objectives.
- Attend meetings with internal auditor staff and/or conduct
interviews with management and staff of the assigned audit area, as
necessary, to gain an understanding of the respective processes and
the controls governing the assigned audit area.
- Design, write, test, implement, and document Computer Assisted
Audit Techniques (CAATs) programs for audit utilizing Microsoft
Access, ACL, or other software packages.
- Analyze findings and test results and arrive at sound
fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem
areas noted. Identify risks, controls and gaps within a process or
- Communicate with departmental representatives and client
management regarding status of audits/projects. Conduct follow-up
work, as necessary, to evaluate corrective action taken by
management to resolve previous IT audit observations and ensure
corporate compliance with policies, laws, and regulations.
- Research and apply industry best practices while challenging an
organization or status quo. Ensure the effective accomplishment of
audits according to the audit plan.
- Prepare workpapers, schedules, and summaries documenting audit
evidence, conclusions, and findings reached. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or
related field and 2-4 years of experience, preferably including two
years in public accounting firm.
- Professional license (CPA, CISA, CIA, CITP) required and any
combination of knowledge, experience, and training.
- Experience in performing Windows, UNIX, network, web, database
and technical audits.
- Demonstrated knowledge of National Institute of Standards and
Technology (NIST) and Federal Information Security Management
- Demonstrated experience including, but not limited to, auditing
Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Oracle database, SQL database, PeopleSoft,
- Advanced ability to review, analyze, validate, and reconcile
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. What We Do GDC is a
full-service IT Staffing and Solutions company specializing in the
areas of IT talent placement, application development, multilingual
service desk, networking and infrastructure, business intelligence,
and project management.Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee-Centric Environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holiday and VacationEqual Opportunity Workplace:GDC is proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action
employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment. - provided by
Keywords: Global Data Consultants, Harrisburg , Senior IT Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!