Director, Planning & Project Management
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Job Description - Director, Planning & Project Management
(21000017) Job Description Director, Planning & Project Management
- ( 21000017 ) Description - This position is the focal point of
all project management activities for the organization. The
incumbent develops and provides leadership and direction to the
project management practice across the enterprise; develops and
implements Corporate Project Management Processes, including a
System Development Methodology. This position provides project
managers with the methodology, tools, training and mentoring
required to successfully complete projects in terms of budgets,
timing, costs and manpower requirements based on the business need.
COMPETENCIES AND Essential Duties Coaching & Influencing
- Assists with HR recruiting, hires, organizes, directs, coaches,
develops staff and assesses performance as required to maintain
department performance, maintain reliability/availability
commitments to the business, as well as supporting long term
corporate business strategies.
- Provide PM training programs and coaching, facilitate knowledge
sharing among project managers.
- Responsible for multiple project managers and for the
performance of project management in the organization. Provides
strong leadership and structure to their efforts in delivering
projects on time, within budget, and based on scope
- Serves as a subject matter expert to mentor and train project
managers, with the purpose of strengthening their skill sets.
- Promotes projects and the project management process to all
- Directs the development, use, and maintenance of project
management methodology standards.
- Directs the development, reporting, and monitoring of project
capital and expense budgets. Facilitating Change
- Responsible for the cost effective design, development,
integration, implementation, testing and maintenance of the
company's mission-critical applications and the underlying
development environment/standards in support of the business
operational/strategic plans while ensuring highly available,
reliable business services.
- Ensures that business solutions implemented are delivered
efficiently and effectively, service levels are provided and
provisions for business recovery are met.
- Participates in the development of long range strategic
plans/operational plans for the IT Division, and translates those
plans into departmental level tactical/operational plans. Directs
the implementation of approved tactical plans.
- As part of a special project, performs research, analysis,
recommendation and implementation of development methodologies,
languages, tools, techniques, and products in support of the
business application strategy and to deliver innovative and
effective solutions for the business.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a
project management methodology. Ensures that standards evolve with
changing multi-vendor platforms.
- Directs the negotiation and administration of vendor,
outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
Responsible for timely delivery and high quality solutions from
vendors/consultants. In addition, is responsible for ensuring the
right vendor partnerships are established and maintained as
business and technological needs change and evolve. Ability to Grow
- Promotes projects and the project management process to all
- Serves as a catalyst for project management maturity and bridge
the gap between individual projects and portfolio level needs and
solutions. Conflict Management
- Ensures client satisfaction. Partners with the business to
develop future business/IT direction and plan future projects.
Establishes and maintains appropriate IT service levels in support
of the business reliability and availability. Ensures effective
communication and working relationships between IT units, business
units, and vendors/consultants.
- Collaborates heavily with Senior IT and Divisional management,
project teams, and key personnel to ensure delivery of effective,
on time, on budget, high quality projects/business solutions that
leverage our technologies and ensure that our solutions are
positioned for future growth and technological advances.
- Builds and maintains strong internal relationships with both IT
and business executives, officers and managers, and peers
externally. Strategic Planning
- Personally manages strategic level projects to ensure delivery
of effective on time, on budget, high quality projects/business
solutions to meet the strategic needs of the company. Has ongoing
and regular communication/contact with the organization's senior
- Responsible for leading project teams on projects that cross
departmental lines and have company-wide significance.
- Develops and presents project plans and reports status to upper
management in order to gain approval/direction related to project
- Communicates project status to appropriate individuals,
including steering committees and senior executives.
- Responsible for financial oversight and appropriate financial
analysis of all aspects of assigned project development and
implementation and the project budget.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining project plans using
MS Project or comparable software.
- Effectively brings the appropriate internal and/or external
resources together to form an effective and efficient project
- Initiates and ensures the implementation of projects determined
to be beneficial to company and that projects are completed in the
determined timelines and accomplish the goals set forth in the
- Maintains awareness of, and work to ensure that projects are
aligned with, the company's strategic objectives. Planning and
- Facilitates business discussions to establish priorities for
all projects, including conducting IT and business workload
- Coordinates project management office activities including
project portfolio management and reporting, project prioritization,
manpower coordination, coordination of training and mentoring, and
enforcement of project management guidelines.
- Supports uniform planning, tracking, and reporting of
individual projects and for the IT portfolio. Monitoring
- Accountable for multiple project capital and expense
- Responsible for assuring templates are developed and utilized
to assure efficient progress across the IT project portfolio.
Performs various projects requested or assigned by the Vice
President, Enterprise Project Management CORPORATE CORE
COMPETENCIES Effectively Communicates and Connects
- Articulates and presents important information clearly and
concisely across all levels of the organization; fostering a
feedback loop around decisions made, status of initiatives, etc.,
to all contributors.
- Creates healthy tension by challenging ideas and assumptions
that impact business results to drive improvement; embraces
- Shapes the opinions of senior individuals by presenting
persuasive arguments; negotiates solutions to best meet business
- Provides feedback to direct reports on an ongoing basis.
- Encourages individuals in the department to provide feedback
and challenge others, justifying their reasoning. Customer Focused
- Predicts broad need across customer groups based on business,
industry and economic trends.
- Develops strong relationships and proactively builds new
relationships through responsiveness at all levels within the
- Use customer experience to influence add-on offerings driving
growth and profitability.
- Leads development of cross team, cutting edge solutions to
address emerging customer needs.
- Recognizes and understands the customer needs to drive superior
customer experience across the customer journey.
- Takes action to create a superior customer experience.
- Leads others to build relationships with key influencers.
Talent Development Mindset
- Develop learning strategies that reinforce the importance of
technical and personal development.
- Support continuing education, suggest and/or deliver training,
and/or facilitate developmental experiences.
- Provide meaningful or challenging opportunities and delegate
work to build others' skills; encourage teams to learn from each
other and from others in the organization.
- Set clear performance expectations; reward and recognize
individuals and teams for high performance, and encourage others to
do the same.
- Finds opportunities to individually coach others, providing
specific insights and tips to enhance skills, knowledge, or work
- Identifies career paths and informs training/experience needed
to move into other roles. Demonstrates Adaptability
- Generates numerous ideas and takes action on new approaches to
address a range of departmental work areas; encourages others to
- Considers non-conventional ideas and approaches when developing
solutions that have the potential to improve services delivered by
- Launches a variety of initiatives that contribute to
departmental success with cohesive purpose.
- Pursues success with tenacity and persistence, actively seeking
feedback on where continuous improvement is needed and turning
difficult situations into opportunities for growth.
- Advocates change initiatives and proactively develops and
implements strategies to help others embrace change and overcome
resistance to change. Demonstrates Accountability
- Collaborates to make critical decisions that have important
outcomes for the business; takes full responsibility for decisions,
ensuring resulting action is taken.
- Establishes departmental expectations and reputation for
accountability by driving accurate and impactful work results and
rewarding demonstrated behavior of ownership and
- Anticipates department deliverables, timelines and behaviors,
setting expectations and priorities, allowing team members to meet
objectives and operate effectively.
- Forecasts long-term needs for the business and establishes a
plan to execute.
- Addresses and communicates difficult personnel and business
scenarios. SPECIAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Interact with all levels of authority and divisions within the
- Interact with external contacts (vendors, solution providers,
industry peers, Insurance/IT organizations) to ensure the delivery
of effective solutions for the organization.
- Forge relationships with divisional peers to collaboratively
develop business solutions.
- Reports via matrix management to individual project
- Directly accountable to Executive Level Staff for strategic
- Responsible to executive steering committee (ESC) for the
success of assigned projects. ESC is comprised of CEO, COO, CFO,
CIO, and the senior most officer of the project being managed. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Why
Penn National Insurance
- A career with Penn National Insurance--offers a total rewards
package that makes us a regional employer of choice. When you are
part of the Penn National Insurancefamily, we want you to feel
- Your Career: We offer a comprehensive benefit and compensation
package including a generous 401k match, graded profit sharing,
recognition programs, and incentive compensation. Additionally,
Penn National Insurance company policy provides for remote access,
flex-scheduling, and a dress-for-your-day dress code.
- Your Employer: Penn National Insurance celebrated its 100 th
anniversary in 2019. With the $1 billion direct written premium
threshold in sight, the company is utilizing innovation solutions
and analytic insights to grow its share of the small commercial and
middle market business, as well as personal lines. Our proud
tradition of adhering to a relationship-driven business model, and
our ability to adapt to changes over time reinforce our reliability
- Your Community: The Company and our employees donate more than
$500,000 annually to fund enrichment programing throughout the
communities we serve. Our United Way campaign raised an additional
$350,000 last year. We are also taking real steps to decrease our
environmental impact. We have added bicycle accommodations,
enhanced energy efficiency, introduced water conservation measures,
and implemented cool-roof technology.
- Your Future: We create a rewarding career path and enable
long-term retention by offering enhanced benefits around continuing
education and professional development. The average employee tenure
at Penn National Insurance is 14 years! Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree required or 8 years comparable work
- Project Management/ Agile certification preferred EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 7 years of technical experience required
- 5 years previous project management experience required
- Property/Casualty insurance industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated software development lifecycle management.
- Demonstrated advanced project management skills
- Demonstrated advanced leadership and team building skills
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills at
all levels of the organization (and across divisions)
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement organizational
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver effective
presentations within and outside the organization
- Demonstrated competence in planning, finance and budgeting
- Demonstrated competence in IT technologies (hardware, software,
networking, security, etc.) JOB REQUIREMENTS (as required by ADA -
Americans with Disabilities Act)
- This position is primarily a sedentary position that requires
occasional standing and walking throughout the office
- Must be able to see and effectively use a computer
- Must be able to operate a computer, keyboard and applicable
printers and other general office equipment.
- Must be able to access and enter information accurately using
- Must be able to hear and communicate via the telephone and/or
monitoring devices to both internal and external clients.
- Must be able to present information to individuals and
- Must be able to interpret and apply concepts that may or may
not be based upon established guidelines.
- Must be able to maintain acceptable attendance and adhere to
scheduled work hours.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate a
- Must be able to travel, with overnight stays required.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Harrisburg , Director, Planning & Project Management, Accounting, Auditing , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!