Sr Manager EM DAS Tax
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a
community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and
courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to
learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's
Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious
and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work You'll Do
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients
and communities. Across disciplines and borders, the DAS (Deloitte
Application Studios) Tax team is implementing innovative global
platforms and systems which enable efficient support processes for
our practitioners and clients and creates transformational
experiences. The DAS Tax team shares a passion for igniting change
with our organization and promotes a strong service orientation for
our people and our businesses.
- General Responsibilities
- Guides the strategic direction, operations, and maintenance for
products/applications in the DAS Tax portfolio.
- Leads and oversees all software implementation projects for
vendor provided or custom products/solutions.
- Manages all design, development and QA aspects of the Agile
SDLC for multiple projects.
- Directs, evaluates and monitors the progress of product and
facilitates discussions with various departments around business
objectives, functionality, architecture, and product
- Researches new and emerging market trends to evaluate the
direction and longevity of product in the market.
- Monitors compliance to standardized procedures and best
- Identifies need for new policies and processes and presents to
appropriate COEs for execution.
- Performs both professional and management duties with
- Oversee product roadmap, planning, delivery, release
management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and
business needs are met.
- Product Responsibilities
- Guides the strategic direction, operations, and maintenance for
assigned products or applications. Leads and oversees all
implementation projects for a product portfolio.
- Works with the Product Innovation Leads to ensure that product
roadmaps are developed and executed in line with the established
- Monitors and prepares development product work plans, budget,
and schedules with both internal and vendor resources.
- May directly manage the budget and project timeline. Also, may
engage leadership in the budgeting and planning process and provide
leadership with status updates and potential issues.
- Oversees and conducts research on competitive products both
internally and externally; Understands business and industry
direction to determine and provide advice on product future.
- Seek ways to reduce application related costs and increase
efficiencies of applications in production.
- Integrate the business strategy and knowledge of software
capabilities (current and future) into vision and direction for all
- Ensure that all products support the appropriate business
processes and have the appropriate support and maintenance
processes in place.
- Project Responsibilities
- Lead the design, development and delivery aspects of a
product(s). Partners with business and technical leaders to
deliver, maintain, support enterprise-wide business solutions.
- Lead all implementation aspects of SDLC for Deloitte
Application Studios projects
- Ensure all projects are executed in accordance with channel
strategy and adhere to product and channel vision and product
- Head project execution, resource deployment, and overall
leadership and coordination efforts to ensure projects are
completed on schedule and within budget.
- Provide insight, oversight, strategic context, direction, and
leadership to the Community of Practice staff involved in the
- Partner with channel leaders and project team to design,
develop, and support Enterprise wide solutions.
- Develop project documentation in collaboration with project
team and stakeholders-e.g., project initiation documentation,
budget, project plan, and resource plan.
- Ensure resources assigned to projects are meeting deadlines and
focused on the right activities.
- Escalate issues, risks, and decisions to the Channel Leader or
other stakeholders as necessary and develop mitigating
- Monitor progress and status of deliverables.
- Ensure proper functioning of the Products / Applications and
recommend upgrades as necessary.
- Review projects for completeness of thought and consistency of
approach and interface.
- Own product releases and provide status to Deloitte Application
Studios and ITS leadership; escalate issues proactively.
- Ensure standards, procedures, and methodologies in the delivery
life cycle are followed.
- Communicate development and production status and issues to
management and stakeholders.
- Project Delivery Teaming
- Organize and manage multiple product development teams.
- Participate in technology/solution decisions with architecture
and product teams for projects.
- Partner with Solution/Application Architects to ensure that
technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation
requirements are properly documented.
- Partner with Business System Analysts (BSA) to analyze business
and functional requirements which have an impact on business
- Work with offshore managers to optimize the mix of the
- Coordinate with architecture and development teams to perform
code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to
- Coordinate with BSAs and Quality Engineering teams to ensure
proper testing is performed
- Motivate and lead project delivery teams and instill a mindset
of continuous process improvement.
- Offshore Team Oversight
- Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on
- Manage both internal teams and offshore vendor teams project
delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Ensure that all project resources are focused on the effort
they are aligned to.
- Closely monitor workload of all employees and offshore vendor
resources assigned to project.
- Promote effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's
success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many
of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop
and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that
help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our
reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with
The -2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and
applications development team responsible for delivering
leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad
portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower
our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more,
anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals
through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business
lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale
design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics,
and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration
or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or
qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions
design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions. Experience
managing Agile/Scrum projects a plus.
- Experience working with business application owners and
development teams to document and clarify business and user
requirements and manage scope of defined features and functions
during project lifecycle.
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid-to-large
web/enterprise vendor-based applications needed.
- Experience interfacing with external software design and
development vendors required.
- Technical experience in Microsoft .NET or Cloud application
development is a plus.
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and
provide a high-quality automated solution.
- Ability to adjust communications to both technical and
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation
skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Ability to drive teams to meet consensus and have vivid passion
for applications delivery.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and
- Creative - able to think outside the box; uses knowledge gained
through prior experience, education, and training to resolve issues
and remove project barriers.
- Drive for results - maintains constant awareness of projects
and clients; keeps product owners focused on short- and long-term
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships with customers while accurately representing the
perspective of Technology.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Collaboration and decision-making skills
- Ability to work productively with all levels in a large
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice.)
- Limited sponsorship may be available.
- For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado,
Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the
compensation range for this role. This compensation range is
specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide
range of factors that are considered in making compensation
decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and
training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We
would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would
land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will
be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A
reasonable estimate of the range is $86,815 to $144,695.
- You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary
annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the
program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors,
including, without limitation, individual and organizational
- Y ou may also be eligible to participate in a sales incentive
program, whereby you may be eligible to receive certain incentive
compensation amounts based on achievement of certain sales goals
set forth each year, subject to the terms and conditions of any
applicable program document.
Keywords: Deloitte, Harrisburg , Sr Manager EM DAS Tax, Accounting, Auditing , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!