Associate Commodity Manager
Company: State of Pennsylvania
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Are you ambitious and forward thinking, passionate about
diversity and inclusion in business, and encouraging a
collaborative environment? We have an opportunity for someone with
strategic procurement, project management, and team leadership
skills to manage procurement professionals. If you're looking for a
unique opportunity to further your public service career and have a
direct impact on the services Pennsylvanians rely on daily, apply
Under the guidance of the Commodity Manager the Associate Commodity
Manager (ACM) will manage a team of procurement professionals.
These procurement professionals are responsible for strategically
sourcing a variety of materials and services which are used by
Commonwealth agencies in the administration and management of their
facilities and operations.
The ACM will have the responsibility to establish and manage
project time-lines for the various types of procurements issued by
the team. The types of procurements include requests for proposals,
invitations for bid, invitations to qualify, sole source
procurements, and more. The goal for each procurement is the
successful, on-time implementation of contracts, while considering
user impact as a priority, and helping our customers better manage
their purchasing needs and taxpayer dollars.
As one of the team leaders you will have the opportunity to assist
with the development of policy and process, encourage change
management, lead contract negotiations, and you will have a direct
impact on the development and growth of each of your team
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this
position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
* Full-time employment.
* Work hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday, with a
* Telework:You will have the opportunity to work from home
(telework), part-time up to 3 days a week. In order to telework,
you must have a securely configured high-speed Internet connection.
If you are unable to telework, you may have the option to report to
the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
* Salary:In some cases, the starting salary may be
* You will receive further communication regarding this position
via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
* One year as a Commodity Specialist or a Quality Assurance
* Three years of experience as a Purchasing Agent 2; or
* One year of experience as a Purchasing Agent 3; or
* Three years of strategic procurement experience in supply chain
management, and a bachelor's degree; or
* Seven years of strategic procurement experience including two
years of experience in the research and evaluation of commodities
* An equivalent combination of experience and training including
two years of experience in supply chain management.
* You must be able to perform essential job functions.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
* Must be willing to work remotely and also able to work in the
Harrisburg office as needed.
* Experience managing diverse teams.
* Experience in the research, evaluation, and purchasing of
materials and services.
* Project management experience.
How to Apply:
* Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be
reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be
considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the
position. Information to support your eligibility for the position
must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed
* If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental
application questions, you must attach a copy of your college
transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the
minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
* Your application must be submitted by the posting closing
date.Late applications and other required materials will not be
* Failure to comply with the above application requirements may
eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
* 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is
committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion
as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified
people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed,
ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status,
disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal
or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: State of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg , Associate Commodity Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!