Medical Billing Specialist
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Merakey is currently seeking a Billing Specialist to join our
Business Operations team. -LocationThe Billing Specialist will work
on a hybrid basis and would need to be accessible to one of
Merakey's administrative offices in PA (Harrisburg, Philadelphia or
Pittsburgh area). -Earn $17 / hour -Position is full time with
benefits -Shift: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm -The Billing Specialist
is responsible for the daily activities relating to ensuring the
prompt and accurate entry and billing of the Intellectual and
Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Service line. Authorization entry,
charge entry task and variance review are the key components
relating to successfully maintaining this position. Ensures that
information is received and entered within established timeframes,
allowing for no disruptions to the revenue cycle. -Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Adheres to and understands all Merakey Corporate and Business
Operations policies, standards and procedures.
- Must be highly organized and work well under pressure. Must be
able to work independently, as well as under supervision.
- Handles all aspects of consumer authorization management
relating to the IDD service line. (obtaining from state system,
entering into core billing system and resolving authorization
- Utilization of Pennsylvania State systems (HCSIS & PROMISe) to
retrieve and enter consumer related billing information.
- Ability to perform various billing task on multiple county and
- Generate, validate and send out consumer and payer invoices
from core billing system and QuickBooks application to payers and
- Support payment posting and balancing of cash receipts received
related to this position.
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good
judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness along with working in a
- Must be able to work effectively with others and have good
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.BENEFITSMerakey
offers Medical, Dental, Vision insurance plans, competitive
compensation plans, Work/Life balance, flexible schedules, cell
phone discount plan, employee referral bonuses, tuition
reimbursement and much more! -To fill out an on-line application:
-Requisition number: 77353 -ABOUT MERAKEYMerakey is a leading
developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider
with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated
services to individuals and communities across the country. Our
belief that every individual has the right to achieve growth,
dignity, and fulfillment guides all of our decisions. At Merakey,
we care about each other and are committed to providing the very
best care to those we serve. Merakey strictly follows a
zero-tolerance policy for abuse. -Merakey is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer! We deeply value diversity and do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic
information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to
creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we
serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to
apply. - -Qualifications
- One to three years of proven billing experience.
- Experienced with using Excel.
- Proven ability that displays accuracy, verification and
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks is desired.
- Experience and working knowledge of IDD (Intellectual
Disability) billing along with, the Pennsylvania HCSIS & PROMISe
system are a strong plus.
- Strong PC skills utilizing all aspects of Microsoft Office with
a focus on Excel. -
- Experience working in Health Care business setting. -
- Strong Organizational and analytical skills required.
- Proven Customer Service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
Keywords: Merakey, Harrisburg , Medical Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!