Specialist, Financial Aid
Company: Harrisburg Area Community College
Posted on: November 20, 2023
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the processing of
federal and/or state financial aid, communicating with students,
and ensuring that students' customer service needs are
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience or, a combination
of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the
duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $33,105 - $41,381
Job Specific Task List:
- Provide financial aid program support to processing tasks as
assigned by an assistant director of financial aid and/or a
coordinator; work on cross-unit teams to address specific financial
aid needs for the unit. - (Essential)
- Process financial aid applications, award aid to students'
accounts, verify financial aid documentation, intake financial aid
and/or verification documents, and reconcile aid. -
- Meet requested financial aid production targets and maintain
accuracy to a designated degree of correctness. -
- Analyze and interpret federal student aid regulations as
outlined in the college's financial aid Policies and Procedures
manual and the Federal Student Aid handbook - and make decisions
about students' aid; decipher IRS tax laws and apply them to the
verification process; resolve C codes by analyzing and interpreting
data from the National Student Loan Database, Department of
Homeland Security documentation, Selective Service information,
Social Security Administration documents and default resolution;
review NSLDS for aggregates and mid-year transfers. -
- Collect, organize, and process incoming confidential documents
including verification forms, tax returns, and W2 statements from
students and parents; review forms to verify accuracy and
completeness; utilize proper method of communication to request
missing information; review, scan/index, and enter data of incoming
financial aid paperwork received from students; guide students
through satisfactory academic progress application process; assist
students with dropping/adding/failing/taking incompletes as it
relates to financial aid. - (Essential)
- Complete all third-party paperwork including but not limited
to: OVR, Housing Authority, Childcare Information Services (CCIS),
and KEYS. - (Essential)
- Send financial aid communications and outreach to students and
deliver financial aid educational programming to students, to
college partners, and to external stakeholders. -
- Meet with students to address and resolve students' questions
and customer service needs via phone, email, face-to-face
interactions, and remote delivery methods. - (Essential)
- Develop expertise and serve as a subject matter expert in the
content area; remain current on new and innovative practices in the
field; develop and maintain a network with colleagues through
professional organizations and other types of professional
alliances; coordinate services with other departments; and maintain
the secure storage of confidential documents. -
- Build and maintain effective communication and relationships
with staff, faculty and members of college leadership. -
- Travel to various locations to participate in meetings,
training, etc.; all financial aid staff will be expected to
participate in awarding financial aid, conducting student
verifications, SAP appeal reviews, and coverage of customer service
as assigned; all staff may be assigned to cover evening and/or
weekend hours. - (Essential)
- Other duties as needed or assigned - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education,
HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that
affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC's commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others'
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Keywords: Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg , Specialist, Financial Aid, Accounting, Auditing , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!