Senior Auditor - Harrisburg, PA
Company: Maher Duessel
Posted on: November 10, 2019
We are currently seeking a Senior Auditor for our Harrisburg
office. Successful candidates will enjoy minimal out of town travel
and great work-life balance. Maher Duessel offers quality
experience working with well known clients, as well as a
competitive compensation and benefits package.Qualifications:
- Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting with sufficient coursework to
become a licensed CPA
- Minimum 2+ years of recent public accounting experience
- Government and non-profit audit experience preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A strong dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Ability to supervise and train staff levels
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel,
Word, Outlook, etc.)Responsibilities:
- Develop people through effectively delegating tasks and
providing guidance to staff. Provide performance feedback and
training, and conduct performance reviews.
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team
members, and enhance service delivery.
- Direct fieldwork daily, inform supervisors of the engagement
status, and plan, coordinate, and supervise the various phases of
an audit engagement.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with
client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction. Proactively
maintain contact with the client throughout the year.
- Adapt the audit approach to the changing client
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and
auditing concepts and apply them to client situations.
- Understand the client?s financial reporting requirements,
prepare client financial statements and other required reports, and
meet deadlines provided by the client and firm supervisors.
- Identify operational improvements for suggestion to
- Identify risks or issues that should be brought to the
attention of theAudit Supervisor, Manager or Partner.
- Begin reviewing Staff working papers, ensuring compliance with
professional standards and firm policy.
- Begin acquiring public speaking and presentation skills.
- Manage overtime effectively to complete assigned tasks through
assistance of audit team.About our Firm:Maher Duessel was founded
in 1989 to provide high-caliber auditing services to clients in the
governmental and non-profit sectors, and our passion and commitment
has led Maher Duessel to become a leading regional accounting firm.
With offices in Pittsburgh, Butler, Harrisburg, State College, Erie
and Lancaster, we have the largest staff dedicated solely to
governmental, non-profit, and Single Audit issues in Pennsylvania.
Our mission statement, Pursuing the Profession While Promoting the
Public Good, reflects our philosophy of providing expert technical
services that help our clients create a better community. The firm
was recognized in 2017 and 2018 by the Central Penn Business
Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and named
one of the Fastest Growing Companies by the Pittsburgh Business
Times.Maher Duessel provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We comply
with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination
in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: Maher Duessel, Harrisburg , Senior Auditor - Harrisburg, PA, Accounting, Auditing , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!