Executive Secretary (Internal Audits)
Company: Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency
Posted on: March 25, 2020
The Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has
a tremendous vision to provide funding for education opportunities
to deserving students. As a not-for-profit Agency, all revenue
beyond paying the bills are poured back into giving to these
students. This Executive Secretary position provides administrative
support to the Sr VP and Chief Audit Executive, including having
access to and providing data in support of Internal Audit. Work
requires some analysis and use of independent judgment. Remain
knowledgeable of corporate policy and all business unit
initiatives. Often called upon to interpret and communicate
executive or Senior Vice Presidents (SVP) intent to other
employees. Salary: Pay Grade 13, Commensurate with ExperienceJob
ResponsibilitiesAdministrative Audit Support
- Compile and analyze basic to moderately complex data/
information for inclusion in reports, databases or presentation
materials; prepares charts, graphs, or tables and presentations.
Utilize spreadsheet, graphics or database software programs, and
maintain operational employee databases.
- Assist in the coordination and review and monitoring of
continuous audit activities as required.
- Assist in the coordination and review and monitoring of
Professional Practice Activities as required.
- Assist in the coordination of Provided By Client (PBC) listings
(e.g. Grant Thornton) and other audit related activities at the
direction of the SVP & Chief Audit Executive or other audit
- Assist in the reconciliation of time and reporting activities
and billing for audit contractors.
- Coordinate Internal Audit meetings as required.
- Assist in the tracking and monitoring of Issue Validation Audit
- Ensure that audit and audit contractors report time promptly
and generate reporting as necessary.
- Scan and file audit related documentation as needed.
- Assist in the creation, editing and distribution of audit
reports and other materials.Business and Budget Support
- Screen telephone calls and internal visitors, ascertaining who
can be redirected. Provide information to callers, requiring
detailed knowledge of area of responsibility and general knowledge
about their inquiring. Direct callers or relay inquiries to the
Senior Vice President or appropriate staff.
- Overall department budget control coordinator. Coordinate with
staff and the departmental budget partner in assisting with
preparing division budget documents and monitoring spending
throughout the year to ensure activities are properly aligned and
funds are within budgeted amounts.
- Coordinate and assist departmental procurements for new
equipment, professional services, hardware and software maintenance
renewals and office supplies in a timely manner.
- Review /preapprove vendor invoices for payment as needed.
- Submit general invoices for payment for miscellaneous expenses
for the division.
- Maintain, order and distribute central supplies for the
- Track employees and contractor time spent on specific tasks to
better manage projects and backlogs.
- Submit and track access requests through all Agency request
systems for new and existing staff.
- Participate in Enterprise or Audit Projects as assigned or
required by the Senior Vice President or other staff.Administrative
- Provide administrative support by performing clerical functions
such as arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, filing,
scanning, and proofreading and formatting documents and
- Manage calendar in order to manage scheduling and coordinating
meetings, as well as, understanding priority of business issues
from senior managers to determine when it is appropriate to
restructure calendar events.
- Compose and send out emails on behalf of the SVP and Chief
Audit Executive for internal and external clients as needed.
- Open and review all mail directed to the SVP and Chief Audit
Executive, or the applicable audit staff Understand and communicate
or compose responses to routine inquiries, and ascertains which
items can be delegated to subordinate managers, and forwards
appropriate items to manager.
- Prepare or coordinate travel arrangements for the SVP and Chief
Audit Executive and department staff. This includes preparing
travel requests, securing lodging, making transportation
arrangements (i.e. reserving an Agency car, booking airline
flights, trains, etc.), handling registration / registration fees,
preparing expense vouchers and submitting to financial management
- Daily follow up on work assigned by SVP and Chief Audit
Executive or other divisional SVPs to ensure deadlines and goals
- Ensure all materials for Senior Level and Board meetings are
accumulated and organized as requested.
- Receive and respond to routine correspondence following
established procedures not requiring management review.
- Perform confidential administrative activities to support the
SVP and Chief Audit Executive with project or staffing related
- Coordinate the Business Continuity Documentation and ensure the
SVP and Chief Audit Executive always maintains a current disc of
the enterprise and division plan for action as needed.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with
employees, peers, and customers.Staffing Support
- Trouble shooting inquiries and scheduling meetings with respect
to staffing concerns that rise to the SVP level.
- Process and quality assure all division tuition reimbursement
agreements and preparing general invoices for division employee
- Finalize arrangements for division staff training sessions
(onsite and offsite) when applicable.
- Special projects, assignments and other duties as
- Minimum Qualifications: Associates degree in Business
Administration or related discipline or at least three years senior
level administrative experience in a large office environment with
increasing administrative responsibility or an equivalent
combination of skills, knowledge and experience.
- Advanced written communication skill to compose routine letters
and to edit and proof business correspondence and reports.
- Possess the ability for understanding the business acumen in
order to effectively communicate business topics and ongoing
- Understand the commercial lines of business and associated
- Demonstrated ability to be approachable.
- High degree of ethical conduct including confidentiality of all
matters discussed at the Senior Vice President, Leadership team or
staff level matters.
- Ability to work in and maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Tableau presentation software highly desired.
- This position will support a federal government contract.
Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance
as required of federal government contractors to include a
background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine
eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for
public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance,
the federal government requires applicants to possess U.S.
citizenship. In light of this federal government requirement, PHEAA
will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship
for such positions.Required Experience
Keywords: Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency, Harrisburg , Executive Secretary (Internal Audits), Administration, Clerical , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!