Front Desk Receptionist
Company: H.C. Nye Service Company
Posted on: November 19, 2021
H.C. N ye Co.6405 Fla nk DriveHarrisburg, PA 17112717-56
1-2500Job Title: Receptionist FLSA Status: Non-ExemptReports to:
Director of Operations Location: HarrisburgPosition Overview The
Receptionist, reporting to the Operations Manager, will be
responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to
appropriate staff, opening, and distributing mail and providing
additional clerical support. The Receptionist is the first point of
contact for the entire organization, which requires a positive
attitude and polished, professional appearance. This position will
multitask a variety of front office
- Answering incoming telephone calls, determine purpose of call
and forward to appropriate personnel.
- Take and deliver messages or transfer calls to voicemail when
appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answer questions about organization and provide callers with
address, directions and other requested. information.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail.
- Order office supplies.
- Assist with clerical duties to include faxing, copying, and
organizing/maintaining electronic files.
- Data entry in the CRM system.
- Print UPS labels.
- Welcome on-site guests. determine nature of business and
announces guest to appropriated personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.Required Knowledge/Skills/Job
- Polished professional with outgoing attitude, be prompt, a team
player and love to make the quests feel at home.
- High level of proficiency with general office PC applications
(i.e., MS Word, Excel, etc.) and comfort with learning new
applications as required.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, coordination and personal
- Proven job diligence, dedication, and attention to detail.
- Comfort and experience interfacing with various levels of staff
- Familiarity and working knowledge of general office machines
(i.e., fax, copier, printers, etc.) required.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills,
including the ability to successfully communicate with the public,
other employees, and vendors.Education
- High School Diploma or GED.Experience
- At least 1-year experience as a receptionist in a clerical or
administrative role required.
- Knowledge of HVAC terminology preferred.Material and Equipment
- Office equipment: Telephone, computer/keyboard, copier.H.C. N
ye Co.6405 Fla nk DriveHarrisburg, PA 17112717-56 1-2500Other
Skills/Abilities Language SkillsAbility to read and comprehend
simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to
write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in
one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other employees of the organization.Mathematical SkillsAbility to
add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute
rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.Reasoning
AbilityHave the ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
in standardized situations. Mental stamina for problem solving and
prioritizing multiple tasks.Environmental Requirements Will be
required to work in an office environment and possibly,
occasionally in the field.Physical Demands While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands
to operate computer keyboard and telephone, reach with hands and
arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and
sit.The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus.NOTE: This job description is intended
to provide information regarding the essential functions and basic
duties of this position. It is not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and
duties that could be assigned. Additional functions and
requirements may be assigned by management as it deems appropriate.
This document does not constitute a contract and is subject to
change at the discretion of H.C. Nye Co. H.C. Nye Company, Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Type: Full-timePay: $16.00 -
$18.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shiftEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: H.C. Nye Service Company, Harrisburg , Front Desk Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!