Company: Global Data Consultants
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Overview GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking a Cybersecurity
Engineer in the Harrisburg, PA area. Position Overview The
Cybersecurity Engineer is responsible for analyzing, developing,
and implementing the information security controls in an effort to
protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of
information. The Engineer hunts for threats lurking within our
ecosystem, focusing on exposure and eradication. Leverage data
analysis techniques, human intuition, expert security knowledge and
implement and support tool to uncover malicious activity. The
individual is responsible for ensuring the network environment is
setup in best practice and using proactive monitoring to prevent
new and future threats. Responsibilities
- Work under the direct supervision of the Information Security
- Recommend and coordinate the implementation and installation of
technical controls to support and enforce defined security
policies, focus on industry best practice and best of breed
- Work with ITS to ensure that security is factored into the
evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware,
applications, and software.
- Maintain familiarity with multiple systems and attacker
tactics, techniques, and procedures in order to triage and perform
rapid analysis of real-time data feeds, looking for indicators of
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend, or implement new
and updated information security hardware or software, and analyze
its impact on the existing environment; provide technical and
managerial expertise for the administration of security tools.
- Work with the enterprise architecture team to ensure that there
is a convergence of business, technical and security requirements;
liaise with IT management to align existing technical installed
base and skills with future architectural requirements.
- Perform malware analysis to help determine initial infection
vectors, behavior or to assess the extent of an issue in support of
a timely and successful incident response process. Develop
detection rules for various monitoring systems based on current
threats and vulnerabilities.
- Experience with administrating IPS/IDS devices, network
firewalls, web application firewalls, network load balancers, data
loss prevention systems, microsegmentation, and general networking
- Build a strong network security model to include firewalls,
IDS/IPS, signature analysis, web application firewall, API
security, database monitoring. Work in unison with Managed Security
Service Provider (MSSP).
- Collaborate between multiple ITS technological teams to develop
and implement controls and configurations aligned with security
policies and legal, regulatory, and audit requirements.
- Author and implement custom detection rules for various
monitoring systems based on current threats, vulnerabilities, or
other specifics to the computing environment.
- Develop a relationship with peripheral departments, including
IT, to maintain and communicate situational awareness of the
security posture as it relates to the current threat
- Monitor critical information security vendors to ensure KPI and
KRI compliance with contracted service-level agreements.
- Provide network intrusion and detection expertise to support
timely and effective decision making for incident declaration in
conjunction with MSSP resources.
- Review security events utilizing a Security Information and
Event Management (SIEM)
- Analysis of network and host-based security logs to determine
remediation actions and escalation paths for incident.
- Lead the digital forensics and malware analysis triage.
- Independently follow procedures to contain, analyze, and
eradicate malicious activity.
- Document all activities during an incident and provide
leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the
incident. Work with the Information Security Operations Manager to
create a final incident report detailing the events of the
- Provide information regarding intrusion events, security
incidents, and other threat indications and warning information to
- Support the Security Awareness Program for employees, members,
vendors, and other third parties.
- Assist Internal Audit Services in coordinating all audit and
regulatory examination activities for the ITS Department. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information
Management, or a related field and three to five years of
experience in Information Security, Networking, and/or IT-related
field or any equivalent combination of experience and
- Strong networking background and experience with Cloud
- Experience with:
- WebApp Firewalls
- DataLoss Prevention
- Splunk Preferred Experience
- Certification in field of expertise is desired, i.e., Certified
Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Cisco Certified
Network Associate Security (CCNA Security).
- Threat Hunting.
- IAM background. What We Do GDC is a full-service IT Staffing
and Solutions company specializing in the areas of IT talent
placement, application development, multilingual service desk,
networking and infrastructure, business intelligence, and project
management.Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee-Centric Environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Holiday and VacationEqual Opportunity Workplace:GDC is proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action
employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment. - provided by
Keywords: Global Data Consultants, Harrisburg , Cybersecurity Engineer, Engineering , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!