Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Company: Allparts, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Dorman Products, a $1B global supplier of aftermarket automotive
parts--is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our
grwoing team at our Harrisburg location (Dayton Parts). This
individual will direct and manage a team of Manufacturing Engineers
to improve/maintain efficient and profitable operations that also
produce the highest quality of products and services. They will
also bridge the gap between the current state and future state
needed to meet organization's goals and objectives.--Apply today
and find out what makes Dorman an industry pioneer, trusted
partner, and valued brand!-- Primary Duties
- Lead, support and coordinate at manufacturing sites the
implementation of major initiatives aiming for process improvement,
loss eliminations and safety: Productivity, Quality, waste and cost
- Provide technical leadership to and partner with the Operations
Team to increase efficiency, increase capacity, reduce re-work and
improve overall quality of manufactured parts.
- Develop the right production KPIs to measure improvement/cost
- Develop and lead the team to provide appropriate support to
meet organizational goals/objectives.
- Advise team of new developments which may affect profit,
schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental
- Being able to identify opportunities for improvement. Have the
tenacity to challenge the 'Status Quo'. Being able to engage with
Team Members to drive change.
- Support lean initiatives in all manufacturing areas, focused on
process improvement to improve quality and reduce waste with clear
- Act--as a change agent for leading and managing continuous
improvement processes while instilling a culture of
- Teach and reinforce Team Leaders and Team Members to identify,
implement and complete process improvement projects by identifying
and eliminating barriers to success.
- Identify and implement metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of
- Maintain metrics, analyze results and develop improvement
plans. Assure initiatives are completed to meet safety, quality and
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies in
manufacturing which may improve overall operations. Qualifications
/ Education / Experience
- 10 years of engineering experience with technical degree (BS)
in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering; 7+ years of engineering
experience with advanced degree (MSME, MBA).
- 3+ years of leadership experience (Ideally being a Team Lead,
Senior Engineer or Manager).
- Experience identifying, leading and successfully implementing
CAPEX/Automation projects for capacity and efficiency improvements
in a Manufacturing environment. Works with site leads and
cross-functional leads to generate buy-in.
- Experience creating and presenting Business Case/ROI for CAPEX
projects to get necessary approvals from cross-functional
- Experience working in process design or process improvement
programs including Kaizen, LEAN, Six Sigma, or similar. Lean Six
Sigma certification is a plus
- Knowledge of CAD software, experience with plant layout to
improve flow and increase efficiency.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and
- PFMEA creation, modification, and application experience.
- Experience with Workplace Organization (5S & Visual Management)
implementing & auditing, Waste Elimination, Set-up Reduction, Work
Balance and Standardized Work, Root Cause Analysis Problem Solving
(DMAIC) and Project Planning.
- Understanding of manufacturing capabilities.
- Experience with engineering/manufacturing materials, processes
- Experience with implementing Automation systems.
- Ability to work with outside vendors/integrators to identify
and implement automated equipment.
- Ability to identify and create process and efficiency
- Experience leading/influencing a cross-functional team while
showing strong leadership as well as team building and
- Ability to manage resources/direct reports at multiple remote
- Ability to hire, train and motivate new talent.
- Experience with low volume high mix manufacturing is a plus.
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a
combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer
M/F/D/V. Candidates must pass a background check and drug test, as
applicable for the role.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Nearest Secondary Market: Harrisburg
Job Segment: Industrial, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer,
Drafting, Manufacturing, Engineering
Keywords: Allparts, Inc., Harrisburg , Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Engineering , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!