Electronic Development Engineer
Company: Phoenix Contact USA
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Who We Are - Our Culture
When you join Phoenix Contact, you join a team of visionaries who
are creating a sustainable world based on our passion for
technology and innovation. Our mission is to create solutions for
electrification, networking, and automation to contribute to a
world in which renewable energy is available for the benefit of
everybody. We create solutions for the challenges of today.
We are a team of passionate and welcoming people with vastly
diverse backgrounds, who value honesty, friendliness, and trusting
partnerships. We work together to promote a culture of
entrepreneurial freedom that allows us to control our own destiny.
We thrive in an inclusive environment where we recognize that our
people are our biggest asset.
Opening for an entry-level electronic design engineer. Prior
experience/internship designing analog and digital electronics is
highly desirable. As a member of a cross-functional, collaborative
team of professionals, you will be involved in all phases of
product development from conception through manufacturing. Phoenix
Contact is a long-standing, global design and manufacturing company
producing high-reliability automation products for industrial
- Participate in cross-functional teams to bring new electronic
products to market on-time and within budget.
- Under the direction of senior engineering staff:
- Design and prototype electronic circuits and systems to meet
- Select components, create schematics and assist with the design
- Perform engineering-level testing and create associated test
- Generate and maintain design documentation and follow Corporate
- Collaborate with others to creatively identify and solve root
- Provide Engineering support for manufacturing, marketing, and
- Displays proficiency in the following global competencies:
- Initiative - the understanding of what action needs to be taken
and completing these tasks while seeking the perspective of
- Comprehensive Thinking (Personal Credibility) - taking personal
responsibility for mistakes; does what he/she commits to and is
honest and forthright.
- Collaboration - works as a team player to make a difference
within the business and expresses gratitude and appreciation to
others who have provided information, assistance and support
- Willingness to Learn - handles change through taking advantage
of lifelong learning opportunities and is open minded and curious
to face new challenges.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Electrical / Electronic
Engineering discipline from an accredited university or equivalent
- Experience in high reliability design practices for hazardous
areas or hardened environments
- Experience with AC power, wireless and digital and analog I/O
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to both development and
manufacturing team environments to successfully bring products to
- Proven experience in designing, testing, and debugging of
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and the ability to
shift focus from one task to another as priorities warrant.
- Familiarity with ECAD programs required.
- Experience with digital, analog, and SMPS designs
- Experience designing to US / European Industrial Standards
- Experience designing for EMC / EMI Standards preferred.
- Proven ability to design, test, and debug digital and analog
- Must be eligible to receive a US passport.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to travel by air.
- Must be able to ride in a car for 6 hours at a time. Must be
able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around high electro-magnetic impulse
- Must be able to communicate in English (written & verbal).
- Must be able to travel domestically and overseas for extended
periods if required.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are
hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact
employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix
Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other
than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to
Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix
Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to
Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact's resume database
will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will
NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an
unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for
whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been
referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix
Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a
signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position
for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements
will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's
Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his
or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to
bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of
candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix
Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this
Phoenix Contact is committed to the diversity of our employees. We
are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color,
disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national
or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and
family medical or genetic information.
Keywords: Phoenix Contact USA, Harrisburg , Electronic Development Engineer, Engineering , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!