Company: Michael Baker International
Posted on: September 12, 2018
WHO WE ARE Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges. TRANSPORTATION PRACTICE Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure. DESCRIPTION We are looking for an experienced Traffic Engineer to join our team. The position will be a key member of our Traffic Division in our Harrisburg Pennsylvania Office. The successful candidate should have experience with temporary traffic control, signing, pavement marking, and traffic signal plans and should be proficient with the design elements and tools needed to prepare the plans. You will leverage your engineering knowledge and skills to lead/manage the preparation of engineering plans, reports, technical specifications, perform highway capacity analysis and prepare construction estimates and schedules. It is expected that the candidate will have the opportunity to instruct and mentor engineers-in-training in developing engineering reports, analyses, and plans. The Traffic Engineer will utilize their knowledge and skills to support our project teams in delivering projects from planning through design.
- Prepare design plans, construction documents, specifications, and construction estimates
- Prepare traffic engineering reports
- Conduct microsimulation traffic analyses on intersections and roadway networks using transportation planning/engineering software
- Serve as a technical resource to help guide other team members with their project engineering needs.
- Professionally represent Michael Baker International at technical meetings with agency staff, clients, and contractors
- Support the preparation of technical proposals and support business development activities
- Work on exciting and challenging transportation projects in Pennsylvania and throughout the country
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve! PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- 6 years of progressive traffic engineering design and operational experience
- Pennsylvania Professional Engineer Certification
- Proficient computer skills in MicroStation and in traffic operations software Synchro/SimTraffic and HCS.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail, effective decision making, and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize project assignments to meet competing project deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting to support project delivery
- Availability to occasionally travel to client offices, field views, and other local company offices
Keywords: Michael Baker International, Harrisburg , Traffic Engineer, Engineering , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!