Company: TE Connectivity
Posted on: April 14, 2019
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (Aerospace, Defense and Marineor
AD&M) business unit of TE is part of the Industrial Solutions
segment (Industrial Solutions) and is a world leader in the design
of components and electrical interconnection solutions that are
used for applications in extreme and rigorous environments. These
interconnection solutions make possible applications of avionics,
jet and propulsion engine management, flight controls, grounding
systems and on-board entertainment (EAB) for today's "connected
aircraft". This capability is extended to military, marine,
aviation, space, land and drone vehicles, as well as oil and gas
exploration of open-ocean deposits. TE offers solutions for
enhanced connectivity that work and resist in the most extreme
environments on Earth, from the deepest oceans to the ends of
space. In your relentless activities to save space and weight,
improve data delivery and power, you will find that AD&M is
ready to collaborate with your design team to help you present your
product more quickly in the market with smarter and better
Pride yourself on the precision of your work? Passionate about
measurement science, mathematics, and electronics? We're looking
for you! The Harrisburg Area Test Labratory at TE is seeking a
highly motivated Engineering Test Technician to provide testing
support in our Harrisburg test labs.
What you will be doing...
As a member of our Aerospace, Defense, and Marine (AD&M) Test
Lab in Harrisburg, PA the Engineering Test Technician will be
responsible for conducting and coordinating mechanical, electrical,
and environmental testing. The Test Technician will review assigned
test programs and perform testing with the oversight of senior
technicians and test engineers to ensure TE products meet customer
performance and reliability needs while maximizing laboratory
resource efficiencies, following good engineering practices and
ensuring integrity of the business is maintained by following all
applicable policies. The position will report to the Manager, Test
Engineering for the Industrial Solutions Test Team.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Key Responsibilities include...
- Conduct electrical, mechanical, and environmental testing on TE
products for the purpose of Engineering Evaluation and
- Prepare samples using hand tools and soldering.
- Run a variety of computer and microprocessor controlled test
- Set-up & operate environmental, mechanical and electrical test
- Review and summarize data.
- Maintain the integrity of test results by complying with
Corporate, Business Unit and local quality system
- Work with engineers to determine strategies to meet present and
future test requirements.
- Review active test programs and final test results to ensure
that performance requirements are met.
- Capable of working to drawings, diagrams, and schematics.
- Ensure all safety requirements are met and followed
- Participate and/or lead employee continuous improvement teams
- Write test documentation and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Overtime or temporary shift in hours may be required at times
to support high priority business needs.
Click here for a view into Life At TE
What your background should look like...
- Associate Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
preferred or 3-5 years' experience in testing.
- Good soldering skills and manual dexterity.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, use of MS Project a plus.
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment.
- Willingness to shift priorities as business pressures
- Ability to work well with others of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be capable of multitasking and taking full ownership of
Physical Demands include...
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Must be capable of sitting for long periods of time
- Occasional standing and bending
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Listening Skills
- Sense of Urgency
- Technical Skills
- Time Management
- Work Environment/Safety
Conditions of Employment
This position requires access to information which is subject to
stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful
permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or
person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
Keywords: TE Connectivity, Harrisburg , Test Technician, Engineering , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!