Inside Sales Account Manager
Company: Airgas Inc
Posted on: October 19, 2020
ARE YOU READY TO GROW SALES AND BE PART OF A PASSIONATE AND
HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD AND EXCEED
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS AN
INSIDE ACCOUNT MANAGER IN OUR EASTERN PA AREA!
THIS PERSON CAN BE BASED OUT OF YORK, LANCASTER, HARRISBURG, OR
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Inside Account Manager is responsible for managing the sales
process and driving profitable sales growth within an assigned
sales territory for both existing and new Airgas customers. The
Inside Account Manager will be required to meet and exceed all
assigned objectives for profitable sales growth, accounts
receivable management, and customer retention within their assigned
* Develops and executes sales plans utilizing Airgas sales
directives and guidelines in order to service and sell to existing
accounts, establish new accounts, and deliver best in class service
to our customers.
* Identify and mobilize key customer stakeholders at all levels
within a targeted customer.
* Qualifies and pursues new sales leads in both existing and new
* Maintain phone-time, call productivity and new account generation
as well as other measures required by Management. While call volume
is important in this role, the position involves good communication
and collaboration with the field sales teams and to increase sales
and gross profit.
* Provide written and verbal pricing quotes to customers in an
organized, timely and professional manner.
* Maintain rolling account information to include contact
information, quoting, samples sent, competitive information and
other recent activity data needed to handle the account reaching
out to the customers within the assigned territory once monthly at
* Cultivates customer relationships by developing a deep knowledge
of the customers business and works to establish a consultative
* Engages customers by linking their business priorities to the
Airgas value proposition.
* Utilizes all available resources to accomplish growth
* Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of
communication with internal departments relative to customer
successes, customer opportunities, new customer developments and
other customer specific information.
* Able to delineate among the Airgas Channels (e.g., Outside-Sales,
Total Access, eBusiness) available to serve our customers and
demonstrate the ability to identify the best channel to serve the
customer based upon their needs.
* Negotiates sales agreements.
* Keeps current with industry insights, current Airgas product
offerings, monitors competition by gathering current relevant
marketplace information on pricing, products, delivery schedules,
and marketing techniques.
* Attend all applicable company training events to remain current
on product knowledge, competitive information, sales skills and new
procedures. Also enhance these skills through self-study, coaching
sessions with management to review phone calls or target areas for
* Have a firm understanding of online resources, and utilize those
tools to host Customer Seminars, Online Meetings, and
* Interacts with District Managers/District Sales Manager through
the maintenance and submission of required reports (e.g. daily call
reports, weekly work plans, and monthly, quarterly and annual
territory analyses, customer updates, etc.).
* Actively reviews and assists in the management of existing
customer Accounts Receivable balances to help minimize Airgas
working capital investment and financial risk.
* Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
* Bachelors degree in a science, business or related degree field
preferred. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of
additional related experience may be accepted.
* A minimum of 3 years of prior outside or inside
business-to-business sales experience to include proven success in
solution-selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing
customers throughout a defined sales territory. Related industry
experience may be accepted in lieu of direct sales experience.
* Knowledge of customer segmentation and ability to prioritize the
targeting of customers delivering the highest value to Airgas.
* Capability to lead customer interactions with Industry insights
versus listing Supplier capabilities and engage the customer by
linking their business priorities to our value proposition.
* Proven success of using their deep knowledge of customer's
business, current macro- and microeconomic trends, industry trends,
and potential new business opportunities.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the customers buying process
(i.e. or Sales Process) and can proactively advance the purchase
* Able to make Data-Driven decisions to frame next steps with
customers. Qualifies and quantifies the impact of maintaining the
status quo or pursuing a competitors' solutions.
* Must have excellent organizational, written and oral
communication, listening and presentation skills.
* Experience using a Smartphone and its functionality to enhance
productivity and better interact with our customers is a plus.
* Self-starter, self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency,
ability to work and succeed independently.
* Strong analytical and planning skills.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
* Demonstrate the ability to consistently achieve assigned
* Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas /
welding supply sales a plus.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this positions
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan
with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million
customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services
and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100
locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access
telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in
gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas
offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading
technology and innovations.
CHECK OUT WHAT A CAREER AT AIRGAS CAN OFFER YOU!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director,
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver,
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Harrisburg , Inside Sales Account Manager, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!