Marketing Director, Nucleic Acid Therapeutics
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 20, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more Marketing Director, Nucleic Acid Therapeutics
The Market Development Director will develop and lead strategic
marketing initiatives that drive commercial success across the
Nucleic Acid Therapeutics (NATx) strategic business segment (SBS).
This role will develop and execute market and trend analysis for
the NATx segment to drive business growth. This individual will
work with customers, business partners, the global market
development function, regional counterparts, and field commercial
teams. What will you do?
- Develop and lead strategic initiatives that drive commercial
success across the Nucleic Acid Therapeutics SBS. Ensure
connectivity between the strategic plan and the SBS goals.
- Establish reporting structure/process for measuring the
effectiveness of strategic initiatives, and manage the completion
of activities on-time.
- Analyze market trends and determine strategy that supports
- Work with Global Market Development to develop training and
education material in collaboration with other functions to ensure
the strategic initiatives are understood across the organization,
including the value they bring to the commercial
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external
stakeholders, including direct customer communication and public
- Gather feedback from customers, global and other regional
counterparts, and field commercial teams to identify new market
trends and opportunities. Use this information to provide input to
broader business/market development strategies to drive a
sustainable competitive advantage.
- Participate consistently in working through various levels of
operating mechanisms to include internal and external partners to
achieve goals of the company, customer, and colleagues.
- Manage small marketing team- involving performance management,
development, and coaching.
- Field travel as necessary to visit customers, attend technical
meetings and to keep in touch with the global marketplace (-30%
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Nature and Scope: This position interacts with varying levels of
internal and external stakeholders requiring the ability to clearly
communicate verbally and in writing regarding product technologies
and sales strategy, and to influence audiences in support of that
strategy. Effectiveness in this role requires knowledge of the
Nucleic Acid Therapeutics market, the scientific trends affecting
Nucleic Acid Therapeutics research, manufacturing process
development and commercial drug and vaccine manufacturing, as well
as the ability to recognize new opportunities. The incumbent must
possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and a positive demeanor toward
the job, the Company and their work team. The role will require up
to 30% global travel.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. degree in Biology, Molecular
Biology, or Biochemistry preferred
- Minimum of 8 years relevant marketing experience, with
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels,
including previous experience in a highly matrixed, global
organization would be preferred
- Experience in global marketing strategy, brand planning/brand
management, positioning, messaging, brand name work, brand book,
- Ability to lead and provide functional area guidance and
expertise to the broader team
- Experience setting up processes that speed up decision making
and implementation of initiatives and programs. Ability to
effectively set priorities, handle multiple projects and
follow-through on deadlines. Effective at trouble shooting and
- Knowledge of data, analytics and strategic mind-set in all
aspects of running the market trends and strategy component of the
- Experience in new market identification, customer acquisition
and retention strategies desirable
- Must be willing to learn and take coaching from peers and
supervisors/superiors, both in success and failure.
- Must have a can-do attitude, as well as the ability to overcome
failures to produce success with a "never give up" approach.
- Cross-geography, including global and/or international
experience highly desirable
- Highly organized and ability to accomplish individual and team
goals through effective project management skills. Ability to meet
aggressive deadlines by managing resources effectively To access
this job later or share with a friend, please enter Name and Email
Address below. Your Name Get notified for similar jobs Sign up and
receive similar job alerts to your email Enter Email address Get
customized job recommendations based on your career area of
interest. How would you rate your experience popup Thermo Fisher
Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual
revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our
customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether
our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving
complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and
therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are
here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000
colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative
technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services
through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific,
Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab
Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
www.thermofisher.com . Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, creed,
religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic
information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Harrisburg , Marketing Director, Nucleic Acid Therapeutics, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!