Director, Cost of Care
Company: Capital BlueCross
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Responsible for providing thought leadership and directing the
efforts of staff supporting cost and trend analysis and other cost
of care needs. Guides and oversees process for extracting,
assessing, analyzing and interpreting healthcare cost, utilization,
quality and financial data. Is responsible for directing the teams'
efforts to mine and analyze healthcare data to enable understanding
of cost drivers, identification of trends and to timely identify
actionable cost savings opportunities.
Collaborates with cross-functional business areas to support and
validate data analytics, and to build/improve process for
recommending solutions and driving them to implementation. The
incumbent ensures appropriate data uses and sources of data; and
verifies that sound statistical methods are applied to the
analytics. Based on results of data analysis, direct the work to
develop interventions and programs to achieve financial opportunity
and/or deliver meaningful value in other ways (e.g. improved health
equity, quality improvement, etc.) Provide guidance and drive
project implementations with cost of care implications.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists and leads business in the initial assessments,
requirements, project plans, solutions, vendor research and
selections, etc. with a focus on initiatives that drive medical
- Leads and sets strategy for cost of care research related
activities, including competitive and industry intelligence;
development of models, tools, and data analysis initiatives; and
assessment and communication of information and business
intelligence to support cost of care team needs.
- Coordinates the efforts of data analytics from multiple
disciplines throughout the organization to maximize
- Communicates results of analysis to various levels of
management in a way that demonstrates insights of all relevant
- Manage, coach and mentor staff engaged in cost of care
activities directly or indirectly.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in healthcare
economics or analytics.--
- Experience in the health care or health insurance
- Demonstrated experience in strong analytical thinking.
- Related professional experience as a Medical Economist or
Analytics Manager preferred.Education:
- Prefer a Master's Degree in business administration,
mathematics, statistics, health information, economics, and/or
health planning and administration with an extensive track record
of success in area of accountability. Leadership:
- Demonstrated project management skills involving multiple
departments, customers, and initiatives.
- Track Record of establishing and maintaining strong
relationships with internal customers and working collaboratively
in a matrix environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral
form on general as well as complex subject matter in order to reach
consensus on issues at the executive level.
- Ability to analyze problems, requirements, and issues
efficiently, determine the impact in the context of the matter
being evaluated and develop effective business solutions.
- Ability to act as a liaison and recommend solutions to a
variety of departments, as well as other Plans and other external
- Demonstrated staff management skills.Skills:
- Interact and effectively communicate the need for
cross-functional cooperation and managing competing priorities and
- Superior analytic skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is
frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, talk, hear, and
- The employee must be able to work over 40 hours per week.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5
pounds.Travel:Some travel may be required, including local,
regional, and national locations. Capital BlueCross is an
independent licensee of the BlueCross BlueShield Association. We
are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or
marital status, or any other status protected by applicable law.--
Capital BlueCross has built a reputation as being "more than" a
health insurance company. We are an industry and community leader
that understands the foundation of our success is serving
people-addressing their needs, guiding them through their health
and wellness journey, exceeding their expectations, and giving back
to the communities we serve. We could not accomplish these goals
without our employees, which is why we work so hard to provide a
positive, supporting culture that encourages and rewards
excellence. Capital BlueCross offers competitive pay, bonus
opportunities, quality benefits, health and wellness incentives,
and opportunities for career advancement and community involvement.
Our positive workplace culture and employee involvement in our
communities have earned us recognition as one of The Best Places to
Work in PA and Corporate Citizen of the Year. The success of our
company relates directly to the efforts of our dedicated workforce
made up of talented individuals, who understand that a career at
Capital BlueCross is "more than" simply a job. To experience that
kind of opportunity, consider applying to join our fearless
Keywords: Capital BlueCross, Harrisburg , Director, Cost of Care, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!