Director of Dedicated Business Development
Company: C.R. England
Posted on: April 8, 2021
C.R. England is a stable, financially sound company with
opportunity for growth within the company. As a 100-year leader in
transportation, C.R. England is hiring a Director of Dedicated
Business Devleopment. This position is a remote position based out
of your home*Schedule: Monday-Friday; 0*Why join us: Stability: The
transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R.
England a stable career choice. As a 100 year-old leader in the
transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade.
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most
Engaged Workplaces in the U.SBenefits: World class compensation and
benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a
team-oriented cultureWork life balance: At C.R. England we value
family both in our individual homes and our company family; our
culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to
support both.Summary: The Dedicated Director of Business
Development is responsible for securing new dedicated contract
carriage business in your assigned region and/or verticals for C.R.
England's dedicated division. The position would be a work remote /
work from home position for someone living near a major airport in
the United States. Essential job requirements may include, but not
- Identifying and targeting areas in which a business can improve
- Monitoring revenue margins.
- Overseeing employee productivity and compliance.
- Researching and implementing new directives for business growth
- Developing and implementing guidelines for employee
evaluations, recruitment and promotion.
- Ability to travel 40% - 50% of the time.
- Have the ability or experience to operate in the AS400,
mainframe and PC environment: must be familiar with Microsoft Word,
Excel and Power Point.
- Must be a hands-on working manager who can motivate
- Work with other department leaders to establish goals, align
priorities and define departmental processes.
- Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and
- Always conduct yourself in a manner that reflects a positive,
professional image. Must maintain a professional appearance in
accordance with dress code policies.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the
company and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of and
adhere to all standards set for by the company. Responsibilities
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends,
holidays and various shifts (to include evening and night shifts)
- Capable of sitting at a desk for extended periods of time and
working computer equipment.
- Capable of speaking, writing, and reading English well and
possessing a good command of the language so that various types of
communications may be conducted in English with people of various
levels of education and capabilities.
- Capable of hearing, with our without correction, sufficiently
to perceive normal speaking levels and receive detailed information
through oral communication in order to facilitate meetings and work
with internal and external customers and colleagues by telephone
and in person.
- Capable of visual acuity, with or without correction,
sufficient to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer
terminal, and read extensively.
- Position may involve kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing,
lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25
pounds. Education and Experience:
- A BA/BS in Business, Management, Logistics or related
- Transportation industry experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with drivers, adjusters,
claimants, and management.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.Job
Requirements:Job qualifications may include, but not be limited to:
- 2+ years prior work experience in a Dedicated transportation
- Must be comfortable working with executive level and C-level
- Weekly prospecting, cold calling and lead generation.
- Conduct customer meetings and conference calls weekly.
- Disciplined documentation of sales activities weekly into our
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop and present
- Secure signed dedicated contracts.
- Ability to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for
majority of tasks and must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Energetic, enthusiastic self-starter with excellent
organizational, communication, leadership and interpersonal
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, work
with minimal supervision, exercise judgment and adapt directions
from one assignment to another.
- Ability to maintain professionalism when communicating with
team and management.
- Very dependable and take ownership of work processes.
- Adaptable in a fast and changing environment.
- Assertive and competitive to meet customer's needs and
assistance company's growth.*CB*
Keywords: C.R. England, Harrisburg , Director of Dedicated Business Development, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!