Brand Strategy Director
Company: Schawk, Inc.
Posted on: January 13, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYAt IDL, we are currently seeking an experienced
Brand Strategy Director to help lead and drive our creative team.
-The Brand Strategy Director will develop and direct the brand
strategy for our clients, including portfolio strategy, brand
positioning, consumer definition and insights.The IDL Director of
Brand Strategy will also oversee our current design team, support
strategic design approach and bring creative solutions to the
market alongside our Client Directors. -The Brand Strategy Director
will oversee multiple teams bringing collaboration of design and
engineering departments -while taking ownership of IDL internal
branding and marketing.Click "Apply Now" if you are excited to
explore the Brand Strategy Director role with IDL. -ARE YOU
- Developing deep, consultative relationships with senior-level
clients and agency contacts within the world of retail.
- Being a trusted advisor to our clients and the broader project
- Managing and overseeing all brand strategy project teams across
multiple locations and market verticals. -
- Ensuring deliverables are completed in an efficient manner
while staying on time and within budget.
- Selling additional solutions and driving revenue growth.DO YOU
ENJOY COLLABORATING WITH?
- Retail Clients
- Design Teams
- Engineering Teams
- Project Managers -
- Creative mindsJOB CHARACTERISTICS:
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement.
- Multiple, simultaneous projects. -
- Multi-tasking. -
- Fast-paced environment.
- Results focus.
- Idea generation, innovative and creative problem solving within
- Rapport and relationship building focused on achieving
- Engage commitment of others.
- Action-oriented and collaborative decision-making.
- Quick decision-making in response to changing conditions.
- Creative, confident, enthusiastic, persuasive. -
- Influences and stimulates others into action. -
- Collaboration focused on results.
- Directive leadership to assure business results are
- Delegation of details as necessary, with follow-up on
timeliness and quality.
- Accountability for results.WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Applying a deep understanding of IDL's and the client's
industry, business, and products and translating the client needs
into opportunities within budget. -
- Achieving results that are aligned with the larger picture of
the organization and its strategic goals. -
- Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the
ability to stay focused on results despite changing
- Self-assurance and the confidence to purposely drive toward
results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the
commitment of others is essential. -
- A full commitment to the success of the business and high
standards of achievement. -DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH?
- Developing and maintaining senior-level relationships with
retail clients and key agency players. -
- Establishing trusted advisor relationships in which clients and
colleagues seek out advice and counsel.
- Being a strategic partner to clients by demonstrating a deep
understanding of their market and business sectors and their
specific challenges and opportunities.
- Providing thought leadership, insights, and perspectives that
support client initiatives and align services and solutions with
- Maintaining close relationships with the client's assigned
leadership contact to ensure brand strategy deliverables (i.e.
visual concept, textual content, etc.) follow project
specifications and meet or exceed client needs.
- Monitoring progress of ongoing brand strategy projects;
providing guidance and leadership to address and resolve promptly,
accurately, effectively, and to the client's satisfaction, any
issues or problems that may arise.
- Proactively leading the development of improved brand strategy
approaches and processes (e.g. brand positioning process,
validation, and activation, brand platform, situational context,
insight development and brand opportunity, etc.) to better serve
clients and achieve financial targets.
- Developing effective models from previous brand strategy
assignment experience, current market trends, competitor
intelligence, and innovative thinking to help establish
cost-effective, creative, and innovative brand strategies to meet
client challenges and needs.
- Analyzing the performance of the company's brand strategy
capabilities and practices (i.e. Portfolio Strategy, Consumer
Definition & Insights, Brand Positioning, Range Architecture,
Innovation Development) performance through KPIs and other metrics;
utilizing data in decision-making to maintain or improve
capabilities and performance.
- Creating strong and effective internal partnerships with Client
Growth, Brand Development, and Brand Deployment teams;
collaborating across the business to ensure client needs are met
and projects stay within scope, budget, timeline, quality, and
other performance indicators.
- Coordinating client-specific projects throughout the lifecycle,
including estimate creation, selection of appropriate projects and
sub-projects, assignment of resources, monitoring project progress,
and generation of the client/project invoice.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating activities of employee(s)
to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. -
- Being a mentor and coach to train and develop a
high-functioning team.QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing,
Advertising, or related field.
- 10+ years progressive retail brand strategy experience with a
Creative Design Agency, Market Research firm, or similar consulting
environment within a retail design print graphic space.
- 8+ years in a leadership role.
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or
internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook &
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal,
problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from
conception to completion), and planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including
analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as,
internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a
fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines,
and reporting.PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. -
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
low/moderate.* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.CALL TO ACTION:If
you are interested in exploring the Brand Strategy Director role
with IDL, click Apply Now for immediate consideration. - We can't
wait to hear from -you!Connect with your recruiter:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jill-mcmeekin-036473141/If this role
isn't quite what you're looking for in your next role, join our
Talent Network to stay up to date on our most recent openings. -IDL
is an experiential retail agency that is part of SGK. SGK is a
global leader in the design of high performance marketing
ecosystems, the creation of content that scales consumer
experiences with brands, and the integration of technologies to
enable collaborative digital networks. SGK is a Matthews
International company.Matthews International affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.--- Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.Matthews
International endeavors to make our employment website and
application process accessible to all users and applicants. -In
doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations
to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and
require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the
application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource
Keywords: Schawk, Inc., Harrisburg , Brand Strategy Director, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!