Company: FPC of Savannah
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Materials Manager - Greater Harrisburg--Manager to develop and
implement improved strategic sourcing policies, including creating
cost estimates and forecasts, negotiating cost-effective contracts
with key suppliers, and manage a sourcing team (direct
reports).This role will work to improve working capital efficiency,
improve interplant processes, drive product cost out, coordinate
with sales and marketing to support new product launches and drive
strategic supplier partnerships. This position reports to the
Business Unit Director of Operations.Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and manage the global supply planning and
- Work with manufacturing leadership to ensure internal
manufacturing production scheduling process is robust, efficient,
and cost effective.
- Develop long term sourcing strategy for the organization
through development of strategic supplier partnerships and global
supplier network optimization.--Lead contract negotiations with
- Implement central procurement and fulfillment strategy and
realize cost synergies from global sourcing strategy.
- Develop and implement inventory management policies for all
required materials to support manufacturing and establish inventory
plans to meet response times for customers.
- Partner with the systems group to develop and implement a
supply chain system and tools strategy-(SIOP).
- Identify and drive any additional Supply Chain Strategic
Initiatives based upon data inputs from Finance, Business Unit
Teams, Operations, CI.
- Uses ERP data to accurately plan, prepare, analyze, and control
materials requirements to ensure orderly flow and delivery of
materials to meet production requirements. Own and manage supply
chain master data.
- Develop and implement metrics to monitor key supplier
- Partner with business unit teams to ensure product cost targets
are met or exceeded and delivering on EBITDA and product margin
- Establish a learning and development culture across the
- Establish goals and objectives that align and support the
overall corporate strategy.--Qualifications:
- To ensure success as a strategic sourcing manager, one should
demonstrate sound knowledge of negotiation strategies and extensive
experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated success driving higher profit margins and a
- Bachelor's degree in business, operations, supply chain, or
- CPIM or industry certification within Supply Chain a plus
- 5+ years business experience in a global environment
- Extensive experience in transformative supply chain leadership
roles. Change Agent.
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate at all levels of an
- Experienced CI/Lean leader with proven success with
implementing lean techniques throughout the supply chain a
- Extensive knowledge of network optimization, process
improvements, capacity planning supply chain planning/execution
concepts, manufacturing and material management functions, and
financial/cost account practices.
- Experience in determining proper cost to serve (including
logistics) and cost optimization across multiple manufacturing
- Experience in SIOP development and implementation a plus
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in
strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling,
leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of
people and resources.
Keywords: FPC of Savannah, Harrisburg , Materials Manager, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!