Company: Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisburg
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionGENERAL MANAGER (Hospitality) Our hotel is
currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of General
Manager. As a Hotel General Manager, you will function as the
primary strategic business leader for your assigned property, and
will oversee all aspects of the operation, including management of:
general property performance, as well as food & beverage
operations, sales and marketing strategy, profitability, revenue
generation, and human resources activities. This will involve
leading your team in the development, and implementation of
property-wide strategies with the overall goal of meeting or
exceeding guest expectations and delivering a return on investment
to both Marriott and company ownership. Duties and
- Providing timely real-time feedback to management, and hourly
associates on service and operational standards.
- Creating, and supporting clear lines of responsibility for the
management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the
- Monitoring Food and Beverage forecasting, and par levels to
reduce waste and maximize Food and Beverage profit margins.
- Working with the Regional Sales office (RSO) to implement a
sales strategy for the property (e.g., goal setting, setting rates,
- Working with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy,
goals, and action plans.
- Developing innovative means for capturing new streams of
revenue through property amenities.
- Measuring, analyzing, and communicating property performance
using a variety of financial/non-financial data including
controllable costs, sales. revenue, guest satisfaction, and
associate engagement data.
- Managing the relationship with the revenue management team
(e.g., participating in routine calls, strategy meetings, periodic
update meetings, etc.).
- Conducting day-to-day Human Resource transactions to support
needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation, and
approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through
phases of performance management cycle).
- Ensuring ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one
- Actively recruiting and hiring qualified associates.
- Keeping brand leadership team, owners, and above property
stakeholders updated on property performance in the areas of
financials, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement.
- Performing additional duties, as required.
- Required to conduct and follow CDC Guidelines and brand
cleaning standards due to COVID-19. Position Experience and
- We are looking for a Hotel General Manager, who combines
meticulous professionalism with a friendly, welcoming, and
- It is important that you can effectively manage P&L and
financials to ensure your location's continued profitability.
- You should also display excellent verbal and written
communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong
customer-service and marketing abilities.
- Associates degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
Bachelor's degree, a plus.
- (4) Four years' experience (2 years with a bachelor's degree)
in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and
marketing, management operations, or related professional
- Valid Driver's License.
Keywords: Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisburg, Harrisburg , GENERAL MANAGER, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!