Assistant Project Manager
Company: Michael Baker International
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description Who is Michal Baker International? Why would I want
to work there? Michael Baker International provides engineering and
consulting services for government, private and commercial
partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental,
construction management, construction inspection and program
management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to
solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference! Why do
we do what we do; why is it important? For most of us, it's because
it enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the
communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the
span of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world;
enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and
neighborhoods; and the very infrastructure that sustains and
improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters.
We Make a Difference every day with every engagement. So what does
a Civil Associate at Michael Baker International do? As a part of
our Construction Inspection Team, the Civil Associate (Assistant
Project Manager) will help ensure the construction of highways and
bridges is performed and managed according to the plans and
specifications. You will build and maintain relationships with the
client managers. You will act as an agent of the client in dealing
with contractors. You will be responsible to oversee the contractor
activities and document the project details such as status meeting
minutes, RFIs, submittals, construction schedules. You will
evaluate the contractor's schedule and compare it to the activities
as they were performed. You may be required to perform as the
client manager for basic projects, as needed. Can you walk me
through a typical day of a Civil Associate?
- The majority of your day would be spent working in the field on
a construction site or in an office environment.
- You will monitor contractor's activities and document
- You will participate in project status meeting, including
preparing the agenda and documenting the minutes.
- You will monitor the contractor's Request for information
(RFI), submittals, and the responses to these items.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping
to build the highway system in your area. What can I expect for a
career path, and where might this role take me?
- Michael Baker International is committed to the growth of our
internal personnel and we support this effort with world class
learning and development that leads to career advancement!
- Michael Baker International is very supportive in providing
training to enhance personnel growth opportunity and salary. A
major emphasis is to attain the Engineer-in-Training certification
and then professional engineering license. Attaining and maintain
other certifications is also highly encouraged.
- A Civil Associate will typically progress from a 1 to a Civil
Associate 2 and then a Construction Specialist or Manager as
additional experience and skills are attained. As such, you will
receive experience and gain job knowledge and become equipped with
the tools to lead and mentor others. There are also many
opportunities to advance or move laterally into other areas of
interest within the business! Could you be the Civil Associate we
are looking for?
- You will need to have a civil engineering degree, a valid
driver's license and personal transportation.
- You will need computer skills to write reports, maintain
submission logs, provided cost estimates and other
- English language skills, written and verbal, are required in
- You will need to be able to traverse construction sites and be
outdoors in various climates.
- Work hours vary from daylight to night work based on contractor
operations. However, most of the work will be daylight hours,
- You will need the ability to work independently with minimal
supervision and the ability to read and interpret plans and
- It would be a plus if you had the following: Engineer in
Training - Fundamentals of Engineering, NICET Highway Construction
Level 2 or higher; PennDOT Concrete Field Technician; or NECEPT
Bituminous Pavement Field Technician; and ECMS & CDS V3 experience.
Compensation The salary range for this position is $57,569 -
$86,354 in Harrisburg and will be dependent upon the incoming
candidate's skill set and experience. Benefits We offer a
comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits
Keywords: Michael Baker International, Harrisburg , Assistant Project Manager, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!