Director of Coach Training and Development
Company: Soccer Shots
Posted on: February 14, 2019
DescriptionThe Employer Harrisburg & York Director of Coaching Training and Development (DOC) is responsible for leadership and management of Employer exceptional coaching staff throughout the entire territory. As a member of the franchise s leadership team, the DOC is responsible for:
- Setting an example in the areas of personal character, commitment, communication, and work habits;
- Following established plans and strategies to strengthen the current business while expanding the customer base; and
- Demonstrating excellent customer service through both professional and timely communication at all times. The DOC works alongside the Executive Director to create and maintain season and annual plans, and is responsible for the following job functions:
- Recruiting, interviewing, and on-boarding coaches
- Training, teaching, and providing instruction to coaches
- Scheduling coaches
- Managing department staff to include Coaching Coordinator(s) and seasonal interns
- Managing equipment, gear, and supplies
- Executing season start weeks and in-season responsibilities
- Leading coach team meetings and special eventsAs the Director of Employer remarkable coaches, the DOC will coach an average of 6-10 sessions per season in which they will implement our expert curriculum. Two working afternoons/evenings are required, at least one of which will include coaching. Shared coverage of some Saturday mornings is also required (phone, cancellations, subbing, etc.). At times, position is required to stand, run, walk and communicate in an outdoor environment through duration of work assignment. Work ScheduleWhen Employer is out of season (approximately 18 weeks a year) the expected working hours are 8:30 a. m. to 5:00 p. m., Monday through Friday. Occasional events may require flexible hours for evenings or weekends.When Employer is in season (approximately 34 weeks a year) the expected working hours will vary depending on schedules and staffing of coaches. Start weeks, make-up dates, special events, etc., are times when flexible hours are needed. Work LocationAll leadership team members and staff are expected to work from the Employer Complex, which opened in late February 2018. Remote work can be approved as needed, especially as DOC will be at sessions for coaching, training, or evaluating. Weekly meetings will take place at the Complex. ClassificationThis is a full-time and salaried position with access to full medical, dental, and vision benefits. Minimum of 40 hours a week is required, with additional hours sometimes needed to meet deadlines and goals. Key Performance Measures
- Prompt, reliable, and professional communication. Responds immediately to coaches, customers, supervisor, and other support staff within 24 hours.
- Meets weekly, seasonal, and annual timelines and deadlines. Develops and follows systems to stay organized, keep good records, and be efficient with time.
- Meets seasonal performance goals. Goes above and beyond expectations to develop, teach, and train a high-quality team of coaches every season.
- Adheres to all company policies and represents Employer with professionalism and integrity. Employer attracts high-quality employees with a passion for positively influencing children, their families, and the community, and also sports and healthy activity, teaching and leadership, business, and/or marketing and communications.
Keywords: Soccer Shots, Harrisburg , Director of Coach Training and Development, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!