Area Manager PA
Company: Conifer Realty
Posted on: May 19, 2019
AREA MANAGER - NEW OPPORTUNITY
Conifer Realty is in the business of making homes for those who
need them most!
As an Area Manager at Conifer Realty you will:
Be responsible for leading and managing 6 PA site teams in our
Harrisburg, Lewisburg, Tremont, Mechanicsburg, Oxford & Tower City
communities to ensure work orders are completed on time, apartment
turnover is effectively and efficiently handled for new tenants,
and leasing is meeting expected occupancy goals, while managing
employee training and performance management matters throughout the
day. These responsibilities provide the apartment communities with
operations that are safe and secure for the on-site residents,
visitors, contractors and fellow employees. Office location for the
position is at Conifer's Ivey Lane Apartments, Harrisburg, PA. You
will report directly to the District Manager and work
collaboratively with the community teams as well as key partners in
Compliance, Property Management, Property Finance, Human Resources
and outside housing authority representatives to ensure all
required aspects of operating a stable, fiscal operation are
covered and meeting all requirements.
As a successful candidate you will have (required skills):
- 2-3+ years prior site management or apartment management
experience in affordable housing; Compliance knowledge or
experience [LIHTC, HUD-Sec. 8 Housing, RD, Fair Housing]
- 1+ years team supervision experience including training and
performance management skills.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with effective decision-making
- Knowledge of accounting/business with understanding of
payables, receivable; prior budgeting experience needed.
- Strong MSOffice skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for effective
- Minimum High School degree or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelors' degree Business or minimum some college
- Certified Occupancy Specialist [COS] certification
- Reliable transportation and a valid drivers' license
- Flexibility to travel to assigned properties on a regular basis
is required, in addition to MD regional & Corporate offices on
And you are person with interpersonal skills who:
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and
nurturing strong relationships-becoming a positive resource for our
residents, vendors, contractors, visitors and fellow employees who
are involved with the site daily.
- Is enthusiastic, highly motivated with a strong work ethic and
has an intense focus on achieving results.
- Champions change and operational excellence.
- Demonstrates organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking
skills to effectively manage several projects with daily activities
at one time to meet the required timelines set.
- Practices good business judgment and practices.
- Thinks strategically and applies critical thinking to
identifying and solving problems.
- Demonstrates strong listening, communication and presentation
- Embraces the opportunity to work side by side with team and
- Is willing to go the extra mile to resolve issues and complete
tasks required, including any extended hours that might be
Conifer Realty's culture is one that:
- Is guided daily by our values: commitment, dedication, honesty,
innovation, integrity, quality and respect. Inherent in that
decision process is a continuous effort to do what we do,
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to
help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background and
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is
welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance
their careers and where all employees can achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect
to and meet the diverse needs of our employees, residents and
- Strives to create and maintain a positive work environment for
our employees, competitive salaries and benefits, as well as the
opportunity to work for a highly respected, fast-growing, national
- Is committed to advancing our management skills, technology,
and ways of working; we always put our employees, residents and
clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting
our apartment communities across four states and our employees by
remaining vibrant and vital in the affordable housing industry. We
strive every day to make our apartment communities the best in the
Join our dynamic Conifer Realty Team -- Conifer is a nationally
ranked, full-service real estate company specializing in the
development, construction, management and ownership of
high-quality, affordable housing communities. Since its inception
in 1975, Conifer has grown considerably - currently owning and
managing over 15,019 multifamily units representing over 220
apartment communities in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and
We are a professional, service-oriented organization with excellent
benefits that include ongoing training, promotion from within; paid
holidays, vacation & sick time; 401K with company match; medical,
HSA, dependent care Flex account, dental, vision; company-paid
life, short and long-term disability insurances; a wellness
program, and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
APPLY TODAY via our website link: https://www.careersatconifer.com
and scroll to job # PA19101 to complete our application process and
attach your resume. You will hear directly from the hiring manager
on next steps in the process. Thank you for your interest in
joining the Conifer Team!
Conifer Realty LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or
characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Keywords: Conifer Realty, Harrisburg , Area Manager PA, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!