Senior Business Development Manager (1101)
Company: ENGIE North America Inc.
Posted on: June 14, 2019
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of
electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950
employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved
revenue of 69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a
leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the
future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment
that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the
energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
THE ROLE: SALES MANAGER
The primary objective of this role is to generate sales for ENGIE
Retail business entity products to Commercial and Industrial
(C&I) customers consistent with the Job Dimensions identified
below, while abiding by ENGIEs policies, processes and
IL, PA, NJ or MD
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Prospect and acquire new C&I customers within the respective
region by networking, cold calling, using social media, and/or
other means to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
* Establish strong direct and indirect relationships to acquire and
retain a book of business to meet and/or exceed goals.
* Develop sales plans and strategies to increase regional third
party business and coordinate these efforts with other regional
owners to maximize the business throughout the territories we
* Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and
develop the companys unique selling propositions and
* Assess customer needs and propose offerings to meet and/or exceed
* Break down supply proposals to ensure an apples to apples
comparison by having a thorough understanding of the regional
market, its competitors, energy components and product
* Coordinate and manage various internal processes and resources to
close transactions (Legal, Credit, Supply, Business Controls and
* Collaborate with members of the Key Account team on transactions
involving key customers to improve odds of success.
* Support marketing activity by staffing key industry events in the
* Gather, record and provide timely market feedback on deal
competitiveness, our competitors, markets and third-party
* Complete all training commensurate with the position.
* Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE staff.
* Comply with all ENGIE policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
* Strong negotiation skills
* Self-driven individual capable of quickly learning new products,
processes and systems
* Ability to interact with executive level decision makers
* Ability to travel via airplane, car, etc as required.
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a
high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use a personal computer, calculator and other tools to
reach sales targets
* Could involve some lifting up to 20lbs.
* Bachelors Degree required
* Minimum 5 years of sales experience, preference within the retail
Work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United
States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and
employees are treated during employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic
information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition
team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must
be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North
Keywords: ENGIE North America Inc., Harrisburg , Senior Business Development Manager (1101), Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!