Facilities/Fleet Maintenance Manager
Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: August 17, 2019
JOB SUMMARY (Briefly state why this position exists)
This position will oversee the Transportation Fleet Department
including repair and maintenance of approximately 50 tractors and
80 refrigerated trailers. In addition, this position is responsible
for the Building Maintenance Department which includes the
maintenance of a 200,000 square foot facility including all capital
improvement projects. Primary responsibility will be to control
costs while providing the best possible maintenance programs to
ensure equipment reliability and employee safety.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Fleet Maintenance
Facility and Building Maintenance Department.
- Manage the day to day performance of a third-party contract
fleet maintenance provider and any third-party building maintenance
- Responsible for P&L budget, including all equipment
replacement planning, maintenance, parts management, fuel
purchases, capital improvements and renovations.
- Manage all Maintenance Department personnel including hiring,
training, performance management and termination if necessary.
- Monitors fleet utilization. Examines reports for accuracy on
fleet vehicles and prepares reports on vehicle utilization and
- Checks all repair work performed in shop for completeness. This
includes physical inspections and road tests
- Manage regulatory compliance for the Distribution Center, the
Fleet Maintenance Facility, the Fuel Island and all equipment (MHE
and Transportation Fleet).
- Follow-up on all warranty and lease issues through Distribution
Services and the manufacturers.
- Ensure warranty recovery is maximized.
- Oversee and coordinate all building maintenance projects,
upgrades, new construction, repairs, additions, security related
matters, and all equipment monitoring and control.
- Secure competitive bids for all repairs and upgrades to the
- Mechanical knowledge of diesel engines, including refrigeration
units as well as truck and body repairs is desired.
- Oversee maintenance and repair of the Ammonia refrigeration
- Knowledge of state/federal standards and regulations including,
but not limited to DOT, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by center Management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma plus a 4 year degree and 3 years experience in
tractor/trailer/warehouse equipment/refrigeration maintenance; or a
high school diploma plus 5 years related experience. Must have a
complete understanding of license and permit requirements as well
as tax issues that pertain to the fleet.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Frequent standing and
bending is required when checking equipment. You must have the
ability to communicate clearly, primarily via telephone, with
vendors, manufacturers, customers, and Company personnel.
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with
or without correction. In addition you must be able to perform
manual task, hear, sit, reach, lift, and interact with others.
Office is situated in the warehouse. Activities occur both inside
(protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes)
PC, Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Word.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Harrisburg , Facilities/Fleet Maintenance Manager, Executive , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!