Company: Help At Home
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Help at Home, Formerly Excel Home Care is seeking a
reliable--Caregiver in York, PA for our client in need of Home Care
services. Must be willing to travel.
- Performs or assists consumer with personal care activities as
prescribed in the plan of care, including but not limited to
hygiene, mobility and elimination. Performs within the limits of
employee---s preparation and experience. If unable to perform a
certain task, reports to the supervisor immediately.
- Provides and maintains safe environment for the consumers. Use
supplies and equipment safely and properly (footstools, side rails,
etc.). Practice Universal Precautions in all contacts with the
- Performs or assists consumer with home maintenance activities
as prescribed in the care plan, including but not limited to light
housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Practices safe transfer, ambulation, normal range of motion and
- Respects the autonomy and right to confidentiality of all
consumers and families.
- Produces accurate documentation of the services. Documents care
provided and response of the consumer /family. Submits time sheets
and all other documentation in a timely manner.
- Performs all duties in an ethical manner and in compliance with
local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations and established
personnel policies and procedures, including confidentiality and
- Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned.
- Flexibility in schedule allowing for weekend hours as
- Knowledge and Experience. High school diploma or equivalent; or
completion of a state approved training program; or demonstrate
skills and have a passing score on a written competency test.
Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
Passes the criminal background check. Minimum age requirement of 18
- Personal accountability. Exercises good health and personal
hygiene practices. Demonstrates awareness of one---s own behavior
and its impact on others. Maintains excellent attendance, including
traveling to client site in all weather conditions. Performs tasks
in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Interpersonal Skills. Maintains a professional attitude and
demeanor and communicates effectively. Relates courteously and
cooperatively with consumers, caregivers, colleagues, supervisor,
co-workers and all others. Demonstrates optimism, enthusiasm and
willingness to work constructively with other home care team
members and demonstrates respect and concern for the well-being of
consumers and others.
- Physical Demands.
- This position requires the employee to work in a variety of
environments (housing styles, cleaning and maintenance, heating and
cooling) during visits to clients in their place of residence.
- Requires the ability to ambulate throughout a patient's home,
navigating stairs and other physical barriers typical to private
- Must able to deal effectively with stress.
- Travel: while it is not required that the Care Giver have and
use an automobile to provide transportation for the client, it is
preferred, and there may be occasions that the Care Giver will
travel locally with the client to appointments.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must meet physical requirements per job description.
Keywords: Help At Home, Harrisburg , Caregiver, Healthcare , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!