Admissions Coordinator - Inpatient Rehab
Company: Helen M. Simpson Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview: Helen M Simpson Rehabilitation HospitalHarrisburg,
Admissions Coordinator Full-Time
As the Admissions Coordinator, you are one of the first faces our
patients see when coming to our rehab hospital. The Admissions
Coordinator is a key member of our admissions/business development
team and keep everything moving smoothly within the department.
Benefits of being an Admissions Coordinator with us:
- The ability to grow and learn new skills
- Advancement and growth opportunities
- Gaining health care experience
- Competitive rates
- Team-oriented culture
- Comprehensive benefits package for Full-time employees
(including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and
long term disability, and tuition
The Admissions Coordinator facilitates a timely, accurate and
otherwise effective referral intake as outlined in the admission
workflow process. The Admissions Coordinator provides analytical
insight into the admissions data and referral patterns for
effective and sustained business development. Coordinates
activities with other departments as needed and participates in
other related organizational activities.
- Oversees the pull-through process for the hospital under the
direction of the Director of Business Development - providing
support, customer service and timely resolution of all aspects for
admissions and seeking assistnace from the DBD or CEO as
- Ensures that all deficiencies remain at 0% to eliminate holds,
working with CBO and HIM to ensure any errors are resolved.
- Ensures every referral is timely and accurately entered in
Transitions of Care
- Processes timely insurance verifications
- Assists in pre-cert/authorization process - tracks for follow
up and timely processing
- Works with DBD, CEO and other leaders to ensure timely
admissions from time of referral
- Works with team to resolve occasional challenges and overcome
- Is admissions focused
- For Case Manager: Provides appropriate documents to Case
Management team timely
- Enters patient data in HMS/MedHost when pre-admitting, and
enters details of patient's benefits and billing instructions.
- Completes admissions paperwork and reviews all patient
forms/demographics with patient/responsible party. Secures
signatures on all necessary documents. Scans completed documents,
including insurance cards and photo ID.
- Leads the morning meeting with census, budgeted numbers,
- Communicates admissions time, bed number, physician, etc. to
the hospital when there is a confirmed admission.
- Provides tours of hospital.
- Provides customer service by accurately answering questions,
for internal and external customers.
- Manages LOA's in HMS/MedHost, ensuring accurate entries for all
LOA patients. Completes forms as necessary for corrections.
- Review and enter daily census via Select Portal by 11am EST.
Ensure accuracy on a daily basis, as well as initiating any
changes/updates that might be necessary.
- Performs Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:Minimum
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years experience performing a broad range of
duties with an Admissions or Pre-Admissions Department
- Knowledge of Medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of insurance verification preferred
- Experience working with Excel and databases
- Previous experience within a physical rehabilitation setting
preferred.Additional Data:Overview of Select Medical Inpatient
Select Medical's Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide
advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the
medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Helen M. Simpson Rehabilitation Hospital, Harrisburg , Admissions Coordinator - Inpatient Rehab, Healthcare , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!