Respiratory Therapist Registered Virtual Hiring Event
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We're proud to offer:
- $7,500 recruitment incentive
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package,
including health insurance that starts day 1 of employment
- myHealth Rewards wellness program provides reduced healthcare
premiums for qualified employees
- Up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement
- Competitive PTO plan in addition to 6 paid holidays and 32
hours of personal time off
- 80 hours of paid parental leave
- 401k plan that Geisinger automatically contributes 5% of your
earningsJob SummaryAssesses patients' respiratory care needs based
on a variety of data. Plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates
treatment modalities to meet those needs. Ensures the very best
patient/family experience by optimizing all customer
- Consistently performs and documents thorough patient
- Establishes appropriate care plans.
- Communicates with other members of the patient care team.
- Correctly performs and documents routine therapeutic modalities
including aerosolized medications, secretion management techniques,
pulmonary volume expansion, oxygen therapy, and assists with
routine care and maintenance of artificial airways.
- Initiates and manages conventional and high frequency
mechanical ventilators according to established protocol.
- Provides appropriate, age-specific, patient and family
education as it relates to disease management.
- Assists in intra-hospital transport of mechanically ventilated
- Responsible for acute airway management in emergent
- Sets up and manages non-invasive monitoring (i.e. ETCO
monitors, pulse oximeters).
- When care management not available, assists with discharge
planning for patients needing respiratory related DME supplies,
follows appropriate insurance guidelines.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements and safety standards.
- Adheres to institutional and nationally established standards
- Collects arterial blood gas samples and processes through point
of care blood analyzers.
- Maintains the confidentially of patient information according
to established internal and external specifications and regulations
including release of information and HIPAA.
- Functions as the Shift Coordinator (charge person) when
designated as such after one year of employment.
- Assists the medical team in the performance of fiberoptic
- Assists the medical team with the placement invasive monitoring
lines and obtains hemodynamic measurements and calculations.
- Assists in the intra-hospital transport of age specific patient
- Functions as a preceptor for orientees and students in their
clinical rotation.Technical requirementsAfter signing up, you will
be sent an email with instructions on how to connect.Please be
prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a
desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and
camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an
online session. A plugged in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi
network signal will help avoid time delays during your
conversation.What to prepare
- ResumePreferred dress codeCasual (come as you are, but please
be presentable)About GeisingerAt Geisinger, we're not afraid to do
things differently when it comes to delivering innovative patient
care and a rewarding career. It's why we've been named one of the
"Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems" by Becker's Hospital
Review. No matter your position, you'll play a vital role in an
organization that's leading healthcare change.There's a reason
Geisinger is a national model of integrated healthcare. It begins
with our people: about 24,000 employees who, like you, share an
unwavering commitment to kindness, excellence, innovation and
learning. Join one of the nation's top 15 health systems ranked by
Truven Health Analytics and experience the difference a Geisinger
career can make.We want you to love what you do. That's why we
believe in work/life balance and understand the importance of
feeling fully appreciated and satisfied at the end of each day. For
your hard work, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance,
compensated vacation time and holidays, a 401(k) plan and more.What
is a virtual interview?Virtual interviews help employers connect
with job seekers when they are not in the same physical location.
Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with
you online (chat, video or phone) to see if you meet the
requirements for the job.
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Respiratory Therapist Registered Virtual Hiring Event, Healthcare , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!