Tele Psychiatrist - Full Time (Pennsylvania)
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Correctional Medicine opening in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in operation since 1986.
We're a privately owned, physician founded, nationally accredited
correctional healthcare practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical & mental health care services to
over 80 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers
throughout 5 different states in the Northeastern US (PA, MD, WV,
NY, & NH); and was -voted one of the Top 50 Fastest Growing
Companies of 2019, 2020 & 2021 by the Central PA Business
Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and exciting
opportunity for today's mental health professional in that it
provides the ability to truly utilize all your learned skills and
knowledge daily. Correctional mental health care is the perfect
hybrid of Outpatient, Inpatient, and Addiction Psychiatry; serving
an underserved, extremely diverse, and very appreciative patient
We are currently looking for a full-time -Tele-Psychiatrist -to
join our PrimeCare family.
This position requires 40 hours of tele-psych care each week,
Monday - Friday, during normal business hours (i.e., -8:00a -
4:30p). An ideal candidate for this position must have an active
Pennsylvania medical license and be willing to attain licensure in
other states in which PrimeCare operates in the future (i.e., West
Virginia, Maryland, New York, New Hampshire, and/or Florida).
To quickly summarize some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on
- Company-paid family health care benefits offered;
- Company-paid life insurance provided;
- Retirement benefits (i.e., 401k with discretionary company
- Company-paid liability insurance (including tail)
- Generous PTO & Holiday plan provided; and
- Annual licensure reimbursement offered.
- Provide service to the inmate/patient population while
utilizing current, acceptable standards of psychiatric
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of the mental
health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as
PCM policies and procedures.
- Services to be provided on scheduled workdays according to
standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility
administration, and PCM.
- Provide psychiatric treatment to confined inmates/patients
(i.e., restricted housing, behavioral units, etc.).
- Provide psychiatric consultation to all professionals (i.e.,
physicians/nursing) within the unit.
- Oversee and supervise all psychiatric clinical services
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely psychiatric entries are
made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Available for consultation and/or emergency psychiatric
- Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of
fellow psychologist and medical staff while on duty.
- Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with mental health
concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness.
- Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate psychiatric
facilities when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all
medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the
- Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians,
psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted
We're committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional
health care by providing cost-effective quality healthcare
management, continuously improving the standards of care and
striving for national accreditation for all facilities.
Dedicated to correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on our
strong client relationships, as well as effective and efficient
management of healthcare services. These attributes continue to be
the hallmark of our success. With new contracts established
regularly, opportunities for development and advancement are
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice,
and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said
technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available.
At PCM we're dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by
providing individually catered training to every one of our
physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully
structure our call requirements, to ensure that your life outside
of your career is focused on the things that truly matter.
To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is -the choice for
quality correctional health care, -please apply today to schedule a
phone interview. We're ready to speak with you about joining our
PrimeCare Medical family!
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Harrisburg , Tele Psychiatrist - Full Time (Pennsylvania), Healthcare , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!