Hospice Registered Nurse - Full Time -Weekends
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Caregiving is Our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Schedule: Friday, Saturday , and SUnday from 8:00am-8:00pm
Territory: Perry, Franklin, Juniata, and Cumberland Counties.
As a hospice registered nurse for Amedisys, you have the special
opportunity to provide one on one hospice and palliative care to
terminally ill patients in their home. In collaboration with a full
hospice interdisciplinary team, your work will including the
development and delivery of a patient specific care plan for the
patient and caregivers.
- Communicates significant findings, problems, changes in
patient's condition or environment to the Clinical
Manager/Physician and other members of the health care team.
- Performs initial nursing assessment on new admissions and
completes initial plan of care. Coordinates the total Plan of Care
and maintains continuity of patient care by collaborating with
appropriate staff. Revises plan of care as needed. Completes
updated Plan of Care according to state regulation and communicates
changes to attending physician, hospice staff, and contractors
providing patient care.
- Initiates appropriate palliative nursing procedures.
Administers medications and treatments as written in the patient's
plan of care.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the
patient's needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Provides education/teaching to families/caregivers/patients
related to appropriate patient care techniques.
- Utilizes a combination of care center resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical
- Participates in nursing service evaluations, follow ups, care
center performance improvement initiatives, and period quality
- Initiates, plans, and provides staff education and performs
competency and skills validation for staff as needed.
- Assists in assigning LPN and Hospice Assistants to individual
patients and supervises their care.
- Participates in care center QAPI activities and
interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Performs on-call responsibilities and on-call services to
patients/families as assigned.
- Complies with policies, procedures and regulatory mandates
including but not limited to abiding to the terms of the Amedisys
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
specific to the state(s) the employee is assigned to work/cover for
the company. May possess either a single state license in each
non-compact state and/or a compact license in their state of
residence that is accepted in all Nurse License Compact (NLC)
- Nurse License Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual
recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one
license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other
states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's
practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in an NLC
state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- One (1+) year of experience as a Registered Nurse or eligible
for RN intern program.
- Current CPR certification.Preferred
- Knowledge of physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of
terminally ill patients and their caregivers.
- Prior Hospice experience.
- Computer literate, proficient in windows navigation, emails,
internet and documenting in an EMR. Able to self-manage online HR
services and online training programs.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Harrisburg , Hospice Registered Nurse - Full Time -Weekends, Healthcare , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!