Product Manager, Clinical Systems - Alta Petens
Company: Takeda Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: September 22, 2022
By clicking the Apply button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job
DescriptionOBJECTIVES/PURPOSE:Takeda is advancing an exciting
product pipeline and wants to ensure that we have the
infrastructure and talent in place to support it. Our overall goal
is to get our therapeutics to patients quickly by having the right
operational model and integrated clinical data pipeline to support
delivery.The product manager will contribute to Takedas mission by
leading the development and implementation of one or more product
strategies within a transformational R&D trial data program.
This data program will include an integrated data flow with
end-to-end control of data, internalization of numerous systems and
processes, broad enablement of automation and near-time data
access, efficient data review and query, and enablement of
disruptive technologies for next-generation trial designs and
insight derivation.The product manager will:
- Lead the development of one or more product strategies,
integrating them into a long-term roadmap, and set priorities for
product capabilities and features in response to business needs, IT
architecture, product deployment and release.
- Proactively monitor and maintain product-related end-to-end
customer/business experiences and influence relevant stakeholders
to deliver successful product releases.
- Partner with peers within IT to drive continuous improvement of
service processes, user experiences and application
- Manage the key relationships between the business stakeholders
and IT to deliver key business opportunities and outcomes and drive
continuous delivery of value employing agile IT lifecycle
management from product prototyping, development, optimizations,
and renewals to product terminations.Delivery & Business
Accountabilities:The Product Manager is expected to:
- Drive the development of a product vision, strategy, and global
roadmap taking into consideration key stakeholder capability and
- Engage with business stakeholders and IT on current business
plans, development of future opportunities, including strategies
aimed to create for a pipeline of meaningful product releases.
- Manage and influence key stakeholders across business and
technology to develop, outline, and communicate product
- Use broad knowledge of IT to define and enhance products,
develop prototypes, and create a roadmap for ongoing and new
- Regularly leverage strong interpersonal skills toward reaching
agreement on approach, development and implementation of products
- Manage the Product Life Cycle(s) for the business by
translating potential pipeline products to agile development
project, work closely with development teams to create new business
product releases focusing on additional and/or new functionality,
product simplification and to increase transparency.
- Drive prioritization of the product backlog to keep agile teams
unblocked and aligned.
- Participate and lead gathering of research to identify
articulated and non-articulated product needs (in terms of
Personas, problem-set, solution-space).
- Closely monitor product portfolios and business composition,
gathering relevant data to gain new insight, adjust roadmaps, and
optimize delivery plan
- Manage sustainability of the end-to-end customer
- Estimate approximate workload requirements and timeline
predictions for projects and monitor and prioritize workflow and
capacity toward delivering the greatest value to the product
- Communicate challenges and successes within project groups, IT
- Oversee and manage product budgets established in consultation
with stakeholders by balancing resources and adjusting product
vision as needed Monitor and refine products, enhancing service
management and expert opportunities to optimize user
experiences.CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
- Highly cross-functional role with broad scope of
- High visibility and critical impact on the future of the
businessDIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:Technical/Functional (Line)
- Seasoned product leader with in-depth knowledge of product
management in pharmaceutical industryLeadership :
- Inspire, motivate and drive results
- Effectively communicate ideas and data verbally and in
writingDecision-making and Autonomy:
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact overall
- Seek input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive
- Incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented
swiftly to yield flawless executionInteraction :
- Effectively negotiate and resolve conflicts in a constructive
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with
other interfacing Takeda functionsInnovation :
- Recommend, influence, and implement organizational change and
- Identify opportunities and anticipate changes in the business
landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the
environment affecting the business.
- Serve as a role model, demonstrating respect and inclusion,
creating a culture that fosters innovationComplexity :
- Navigate in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a
high degree of complexity
- Recognize and understand broader, enterprise level
perspectiveEDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:Required:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline,
computer science or business administration is preferred.
- 6 years or more of relevant professional experience in research
of development business lines, Product Management, IT service
delivery or related area.
- Professional in-depth knowledge of product management in the
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management. Influential
in orchestrating key stakeholders and product teams to turn product
vision into reality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, business
acumen, and enterprise knowledge.
- Extensive experience in design or in implementing solutions or
products and preferable experienced in quality improvement.
- Understand design thinking and can explain and convince
- Work with virtual/agile teams in various locations, aligning
and adapting different work, culture, and communication
- Extensive Project management experience.Preferred:
- Masters Degree
- Familiarity working in a lean and agile software delivery
- Working knowledge of clinical data systems such as EDC, IRT,
Statistical Analysis Environments, CTMS and eTMF
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical
life science products.
- Able to think counterproductive, out of the box and ability to
- Hands-on experience of authoring User Stories, experience with
dev-ops tool set such as JIRA & Confluence#LI-KD1
- In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants
Are Not Permitted to Apply.
- Base Salary Range: $ Range Min to $ Range Mid, based on
candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be
eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well.
Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays,
Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid
Volunteer Time Off.
- This posting is made in compliance with Colorados Equal Pay for
Equal Work Act, C.R.S. 8-5-101 et seq.
- This position is currently classified as remote in accordance
with Takedas Hybrid and Remote Work policy.EEO StatementTakeda is
proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and
providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsMassachusetts - VirtualWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time#LI-Remote
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Harrisburg , Product Manager, Clinical Systems - Alta Petens, Healthcare , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!