Medical Social Worker, MSW, Home Health Care Visits
Company: BAYADA Home Health Care
Posted on: January 25, 2023
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an energetic and
experienced Licensed Medical Social Worker, MSW, for a full-time,
part time or per diem opportunity performing home health visits for
our office located in Harrisburg, PA. This office services clients
in Dauphin County.
Prior home care experience preferred, but not required. As a
Medical Social Worker, you will be an integral member of a
multi-disciplinary health care team that provides skilled nursing
and rehabilitative care to clients, affording them the opportunity
to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
- Making home visits to clients in designated geographic
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional
factors related to our clients' health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate
interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address
the client's and the family's practical and environmental
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to
navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with
the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies
as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient
representatives in community resources to promote the patient's
health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and
evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services
provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for the ideal candidate:
- A minimum of a Masters in Social Work, with at least 2 years of
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as
demonstrated by school transcript or degree.
- Must be a Licensed Social Worker.
- Home care experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively
communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical
records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health
care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and
joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All
employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without
regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or
maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status,
military status, or any other similarly protected status in
accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly
encourage applications from people with these identities or who are
members of other marginalized communities.
Keywords: BAYADA Home Health Care, Harrisburg , Medical Social Worker, MSW, Home Health Care Visits, Healthcare , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!