Company: HAMILTON HEALTH CENTER INC
Posted on: January 25, 2023
PharmacistAll About Hamilton Health CenterHamilton Health Center
(Hamilton), established in 1969, is the only Federally Qualified
Health Center (FQHC) within a 30-mile radius of Harrisburg, PA and
continues to grow using a holistic and comprehensive approach to
being patient centered. The mission of Hamilton is to improve the
health of Central Pennsylvania's residents by delivering high
quality, respectful and patient-centered health and related social
services that promote access, treatment, education, and prevention
regardless of health, economic, or insurance status. Our vision is
that every member of our community, regardless of their ability to
pay or their insurance status, receives holistic, quality health
care needed to create a healthy community. For over 50 years we
have been true to these words. As part of our team, you will work
alongside a dedicated team that cares and values those we
serve.Benefits offered: In addition to your base pay, you are also
eligible to receive:
- Paid time off, Catastrophic (CAT)/Sick time, Birthday holiday,
and 7 paid holidays.
- Medical, Dental & Vision,
- Company paid life insurance.
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance ProgramJOB SUMMARY: The Pharmacist will
dispense drugs prescribed by physicians and other health
practitioners and provide information to patients about medications
and their use. He or she may advise physicians and other health
practitioners on the selection, dosage, interactions, and side
effects of medications.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Dispensing drugs prescribed by physicians and other health
- Labeling, packaging and compounding pharmaceuticals so that all
medications are properly dispensed.
- Checking for order accuracy on medicine type, dosage, and
correct packaging/ labels on all new and refill orders.
- Educating patients on correct dosage, including frequency of
use, time of day, and any possible food or drug interactions.
- Following all applicable local, state, and federal health law
(FDA and DEA regulations, HIPAA guidelines).
- Providing immunizations, and other medical services, such as
taking blood pressure, temperature measurements, and checking blood
sugar levels, as needed.
- Monitoring customers' drug therapies, advising interventions,
and informing customers of any potential side effects.
- Ensuring a safe and clean working environment.
- Completing operational requirements of the pharmacy, including
verifying order entries, maintaining records of controlled
substances, charges, and removing expired and/or damaged drugs from
the pharmacy's inventory.
- Participating in Hamilton's efforts related to revenue cycle,
which include, but are not limited to, achieving goals for
productivity; meeting or exceeding revenue targets; and expense
management as budgeted.
- Demonstrating commitment to established Workplace Values:
Innovation; Integrity; Quality; Accountability; Respect; Commitment
and Inclusion. Practices behaviors that effectively demonstrate the
Hamilton's Workplace Values and supports goal to co-create a great
- Traveling throughout the service areas as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned in support of mission and
as required to ensure delivery of consistent high-quality
services.Minimum Education/Certifications: Must possess a Bachelor
of Science or higher degree in pharmacy from an accredited college
of pharmacy and a current, clean license to practice pharmacy in
the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Minimum Work Experience: The
ideal candidate will have three (3) years' experience with the 340B
Drug Pricing Program in the Federally Qualified Health Center
Environment.Other Requirements: Reliable transportation to travel
throughout the service area. This job description is a general
outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as
encompassing all duties performed within the position. All
individuals (including current employees) selected for a position
will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's
Keywords: HAMILTON HEALTH CENTER INC, Harrisburg , Pharmacist, Healthcare , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!