Respiratory Therapist Registered Per Diem - Respiratory Therapy
Location: Leck Kill
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Job Title: Respiratory Therapist Registered Per Diem -
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Rehabilitation Services
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-Central Region Respiratory Therapy Division
Date Posted: 04/24/2023
Job ID: R-46934
Job Summary Geisinger is proud to offer a per diem Respiratory
Therapist (RRT) a competitive pay rates and up to $5.50/hr shift
differentials for evening, nights and weekend shifts
Job Duties Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health
- Free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Respiratory
- Protocol driven care
- Therapist autonomy
- Evidence-based medicine practices
- Collaboration with Intensivist Critical Care team
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact our Candidate Care Line at 1-877-564-6447 or
GeisingerCareers@geisinger.edu Job Description Assists with
operational tasks including patient billing, picking up and
cleaning soiled respiratory equipment, distribution of respiratory
life support equipment to all in-patient care areas, and stocking
of supplies and inventory. Ensures the very best patient/family
experience by optimizing all customer interaction.
- Performs daily shift-by-shift rounds to identify patient care
equipment in need of cleaning and redistribution as well as the
specific respiratory patient care supplies and department paperwork
- Assists with the transport of equipment for cleaning or
- Locates and delivers needed life support equipment.
- Completes purchase orders for respiratory therapy and maintains
- Obtains departmental supplies via computer software system and
maintains the supply template based on the supplies that are needed
to provide patient care.
- Stocks ancillary supply areas.
- Disassembles, cleans and reassembles ventilators, performs
quality control and cleans other equipment as required.
- Assures all contaminated reusable equipment is delivered to be
cleaned, as well as obtaining clean equipment.
- Monitors due dates and packaging integrity for sterilized
- Monitors expiration dates on pharmaceuticals and diagnostic
- Troubleshoots ventilator during set-up, looking for damaged
cords, screens, and verifying equipment preventative maintenance
dates are within limits.
- Audits and corrects computerized billing andobtains
computerized management reports.
- Downloads nocturnal oximeter studies into patients chart and
notifies physician that the study is available to be
- Answers phone and relays information as required.
- Assists in establishing, coordinating, and ensuring optimal
storage, par levels for supplies.
- Monitor and ensures eyewash station functionality daily.
- Reports any necessary repairs to Facilities or immediate
- Submits work orders to facilities for department
- Makes daily rounds to monitor rental equipment usage.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position. Education High
School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.by
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Respiratory Therapist Registered Per Diem - Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare , Leck Kill, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!