Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Location: Valley View
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Job Title: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: CRNA, Advanced Practice
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC CRNA Team
Date Posted: 07/20/2023
Job ID: R-47733
Job Summary Provides anesthesia care in the operating room in
support of surgical, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures under
the general supervision of an anesthesiologist. Provides
preoperative evaluation and postoperative follow-up. Functions as a
patient advocate and confidant, advisor and liaison between
patients, families, and physicians.
- Anesthetizes patients.
- Selects drugs for anesthesia and emergency treatment.
- Induces and maintains anesthesia.
- Monitors the patient and adjusts medications as needed.
- Treats variants of the anesthesia.
- Communicates patient's status with the surgeon, anesthetist and
- Assesses patient status, interprets hemodynamic waveforms and
- Takes corrective measures to keep patient in stable pre, peri
and post anesthesia.
- Conducts thorough preop evaluation of patient including chart
- Instills confidence in patient.
- Organizes OR room with equipment monitors and drugs needed for
- Performs diagnostic equipment checks.
- Coordinates with ancillary, nursing and physician staff to
ensure a safe environment for patient including positioning,
equipment troubleshooting and review of surgical procedure.
- Responds to codes and maintains the airway.
- Provides anesthesia support to assigned areas.
- Charts accurately, completely and efficiently into patient
- Transports patient safely, continues to monitor airway and
gives sign-out report to receiving team.
- Serves as an anesthesia expert, mentor, and preceptor to peers,
staff, residents, students, nurses and ancillary staff.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position. Education Master's
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania; Licensed Certified Registered Nurse
Anesthetist - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.by
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Healthcare , Valley View, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!