Interventional Radiology Technologist Full Time
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job Title: Interventional Radiology Technologist Full Time
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services, Radiology
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Radiology Team
Date Posted: 07/12/2023
Job ID: R-39826
Job Summary$7,500 Signing Incentive for qualified applicants.
Responsible in performing Interventional procedures to include
technical, procedural and equipment performance, patient care and
education, interfacing with other clinical departments, issue
resolution, digital imaging quality and efficiency. Responsible for
maintaining department relationships with Radiology Services
partners, patients and referring physicians. Responsible for
imaging procedure quality in thoracic, visceral, gastrointestinal,
and peripheral intervention for vascular and nonvascular systems.
Responsible for participating in regulatory requirements of
- Provides invasive procedure assistance and digital imaging
while performing duties such as embolization, tumor embolization,
chemotherapy embolization, tumor treatment with radioactive
elements, Intracranial stenting, intravascular stenting, limb
- Assists the Interventionalist while performing procedures,
diagnostic studies, and treatments.
- Operates and monitors equipment, as required; hands instruments
in proper order to physician; assists with suctioning and
positioning patients, as required; provides emotional support to
patients, as necessary.
- Prepares and positions patients, administers contrast media as
directed by physicians, provides immobilization devices and
radiation protection to patients and personnel in accordance with
prescribed safety standards.
- Explains procedures and answers appropriate patient
- Reports to the Registered Nurse reactions, results of
procedures, and any changes observed in the patient's
- Documents pertinent medical information where indicated.
- Maintains current knowledge on all interventional
- Identifies and defines all Thoracic, Abdominal and Peripheral
- Operates digital imaging equipment and enters all pertinent
data to IDX, Imaging Suite and Picture Archiving Communication
System Imaging Management Systems.
- Obtain and reconstruct 3-deminsonal images and digital
- Performs quality control tests of equipment and notifies
leadership and appropriate maintenance personnel of
- Monitor dose reporting of high levels of radiation due to the
length and complexity of the procedures.
- Ensure all equipment and supplies are properly cleaned and
sterilized and in working order.
- Maintains patient scheduling grease board for procedures as
well as follow up documentation.
- Shares responsibility for ordering interventional supplies and
maintaining appropriate levels of on hand supplies.
- Responsible for all Quality Improvement documentation.
- Imaging exams and procedure tray set up require access and
handling of non-controlled medications.Work is typically performed
in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job
specific obligations and complying with all organization policies
and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Radiologic
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Radiology Technologist -
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Interventional Radiology Technologist Full Time, Healthcare , Trevorton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!