Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - 65 Forward Shamokin
Location: Port Trevorton
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - 65 Forward
Location: Shamokin, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: 65 Forward Team
Date Posted: 08/01/2023
Job ID: R-50258
Job Summary*** $3,000 Sign on Bonus for Qualified Applicants
Provides direct patient care and clinical support for physicians
and other providers in the outpatient setting. Functions as an
integral member of the health care team under the direction of the
provider. Performs clinical duties such as preparing patients,
collecting and reviewing pertinent information, performing
technical duties, documenting using the electronic medical record,
and supporting a safe environment for patients. Provides
administrative and clerical support for the clinic/department
including patient scheduling, filing reports, and following up on
documentation, phone calls, and billing inquiries. Graduate of an
accredited 1-year certificate or 2-year diploma Medical Assistant
program required. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered
Medical Assist (RMA) required. Certified by one of the listed
governing associations required: NHA, AMT, or AAMA.
- Obtains and documents, using the rooming tool in the electronic
medical record, the patient's reason for visit, weight, vital
signs, visit screening information, medication review, and
pertinent information for provider.
- Sets up examination and treatment rooms between cases.
- Assists patient as needed to prepare for visit with provider,
takes appropriate measures to assure patient's safety and
- Provides direct patient care as directed by provider based on
competency and needs of clinic, such as performs EKGs, wound
dressings, diabetic foot exam, and functions as support to the
provider during minor surgical procedures and ancillary
- In Primary Care, non-hospital based, practice sites only,
administers medications according to policy and procedure after
validation of knowledge and demonstration of competency. May not
administer intravenous medications.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and completes
associated paperwork accurately and efficiently to expedite
- Performs phlebotomy and may assist in specific laboratory
functions relative to the testing, reporting, and quality assurance
of laboratory specimens as educated and overseen by the
- Performs receptionist and clerical duties to support patient
care and functioning of the clinic, including matching and filing
ancillary department reports, consultation and other medical
reports in patients' medical records.
- Documents in the appropriate sections to create a complete and
accurate medical record.
- Uses the electronic medical record and scheduling system as
- Facilitates timely appointments for patients. Completes
referrals and pre-authorizations as needed.
- Collects co-payments.
- Under the direction of the provider and/or site lead, assists
with orientation of new personnel.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication, as
directed by provider, prioritizes communications to the provider,
responds to patient questions and requests to ensure efficient use
of provider time and timely response to patient needs.
- Reinforces patient education as directed by the provider to
support patient's understanding of instructions.
- May inventory medical/surgical supplies and pharmaceuticals
non-controlled substances only to ensure adequate supply levels,
verify expiration dates, document utilization, optimize
organizational efficiency and space utilization.
- May have access to non-controlled medication storage/supply
areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to
meet the needs of the clinic/unit.
- Prepares and cleans instruments.
- Follows protocols for sterilization and disinfection, including
high level disinfection of instruments and equipment.
- Cleans/sets up examination rooms between patients using
established infection prevention protocols.
- Follows hand hygiene and appropriate infection prevention
precautions. Routinely inspects/observes condition and operation of
diagnostic equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation
and identifies need for preventive and/or corrective
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety and
quality improvement program.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Travel may
be required. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position Details*** $3,000 Sign on Bonus for Qualified Applicants
- Day shift
- Travel required when covering other sites
- Be part of a team that provides excellence in healthcare for
patients over 65 We're proud to offer competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification
within 6 months - Default Issuing Body; Certified Medical Assistant
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - 65 Forward Shamokin, Healthcare , Port Trevorton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!