Respiratory Therapist Registered Per Diem - Respiratory Therapy
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Title: Respiratory Therapist Registered Per Diem -
Respiratory TherapyLocation: Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Rehabilitation ServicesSchedule: Per DiemWork Type: Part
timeDepartment: JM-Central Region Respiratory Therapy DivisionDate
Posted: 04/24/2023Job ID: R-46934Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to
offer a per diem Respiratory Therapist (RRT) a competitive pay
rates and up to $5.50/hr shift differentials for evening, nights
and weekend shiftsJob DutiesBenefits of working at Geisinger:
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health
- Free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Respiratory
- Protocol driven care
- Therapist autonomy
- Evidence-based medicine practices
- Collaboration with Intensivist Critical Care team
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact our Candidate Care Line at 1-877-564-6447 or
GeisingerCareers@geisinger.eduJob Description Assists with
operational tasks including patient billing, picking up and
cleaning soiled respiratory equipment, distribution of respiratory
life support equipment to all in-patient care areas, and stocking
of supplies and inventory. Ensures the very best patient/family
experience by optimizing all customer interaction.
- Performs daily shift-by-shift rounds to identify patient care
equipment in need of cleaning and redistribution as well as the
specific respiratory patient care supplies and department paperwork
- Assists with the transport of equipment for cleaning or
- Locates and delivers needed life support equipment.
- Completes purchase orders for respiratory therapy and maintains
- Obtains departmental supplies via computer software system and
maintains the supply template based on the supplies that are needed
to provide patient care.
- Stocks ancillary supply areas.
- Disassembles, cleans and reassembles ventilators, performs
quality control and cleans other equipment as required.
- Assures all contaminated reusable equipment is delivered to be
cleaned, as well as obtaining clean equipment.
- Monitors due dates and packaging integrity for sterilized
- Monitors expiration dates on pharmaceuticals and diagnostic
- Troubleshoots ventilator during set-up, looking for damaged
cords, screens, and verifying equipment preventative maintenance
dates are within limits.
- Audits and corrects computerized billing andobtains
computerized management reports.
- Downloads nocturnal oximeter studies into patients chart and
notifies physician that the study is available to be
- Answers phone and relays information as required.
- Assists in establishing, coordinating, and ensuring optimal
storage, par levels for supplies.
- Monitor and ensures eyewash station functionality daily.
- Reports any necessary repairs to Facilities or immediate
- Submits work orders to facilities for department
- Makes daily rounds to monitor rental equipment usage.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.EducationHigh
School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)Our Purpose &
ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for
our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and
our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would
hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues
who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge
with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Respiratory Therapist Registered Per Diem - Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!