Medical Director, Clinical and Medical Affairs
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Location: Remote, PA, US
Expected Travel: Up to 50%
Requisition ID: 161
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Functions The Corporate division is the central operating unit of the company; setting strategy and policy and providing business development, finance, human resources, information technology, investor relations and legal support to the businesses. The global Company headquarters is located just outside of Philadelphia in Wayne, PA. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients lives.
The Medical Director in Clinical and Medical Affairs (CMA) Interventional is a subject matter and technical expert in Interventional Cardiology procedures and educational programs. In this role, s/he will have an opportunity to work as part of a global, cross-functional team to make a meaningful difference in patient care through the incorporation of safe and effective product and procedural education into medical practice. The CMA Medical Director will provide effective guidance relating to safety, efficacy, clinical data support for existing product indications, precautions and warnings and new products or off-label use of FDA-cleared products. This position provides an expert medical resource for clinical, sales, marketing, R&D, QA/RA, business development, executive leadership and customers. This position can influence and effect positive outcomes for patients, maintain and improve safety and efficacy and drive greater product acceptance and utilization. The Medical Director of Clinical and Medical Affairs Interventional will have primary responsibility for key physician-related activities, education and oversight of field engagements that support scientific objectives across the globe. The Medical Director in CMA will have a fundamental role in overcoming identified barriers through both peer to peer communication and guidance to internal stakeholders. This position also serves as a technical resource to clinical investigators, sales, regulatory, education and marketing representatives; gathers input from cross-functional teams and create plans and programs that improve the understanding, safe and effective utilization of Teleflex products by clinicians and their patients.
* Educate physicians and develop appropriate educational programs on the safe and effective use and value of Teleflex products
* Evaluate the real-world impact of new products, design and execute strategies focused on patients' best interest.
* To prepare and/or deliver presentations to address training and information needs of selected clinical customers (e.g. physicians on advisory boards, physician staff and institutional meetings, non-promotional educational symposia) for educational and scientific purposes
* To provide medical and scientific information, clinical data about marketed products and important scientific information on new products, or those in development to individuals within the Company including Sales, Regulatory and Marketing
* To provide medical/scientific input into protocol feasibility assessments for clinical trial proposals and Company-sponsored clinical trials and investigations.
* Provide feedback on the development and delivery of physician product training.
* Oversees and contributes training materials for the new sales representatives curriculum to include lectures
* Provide medical leadership and guidance in the areas of legal, regulatory and corporate compliance, product adoption strategy, training and education, professional development activities, clinical research and best practices for medical education and product training
* Make sure staff, employees and customers fully understand the positioning of therapies in the hospital and all other settings relating to the safe and effective use of products.
* To provide medical and scientific information to healthcare professionals in response to their specific requests, clinical data about marketed products and important scientific information on new products, or those in development
* Identify key physicians by region and indication in order to liaise with healthcare professionals in order to effectively communicate and manage product safety issues emanating from the region or of a national or international nature
* Collaborate with other Medical Directors, Clinical Managers and Clinical Educators to share best medical practices among our network of device users.
* Provide regular educational, scientific and clinical input to Clinical Educators and Independent Contractors
* Utilize expertise to troubleshoot clinical challenges
* Educate Clinicians, Clinical Educators, Regulatory, Marketing and Sales team members on clinical issues, new scientific data and clinical applications relevant to products and associated procedures
* To identify, interpret and disseminate new data (safety, clinical trial, publications or regulatory changes) to all relevant internal and external stakeholders and highlight new business opportunities
* To ensure inclusion of accurate and comprehensive product evidence in guidelines and clinical study protocols produced by external professional bodies in educational endeavors
Principal Responsibilities, cont.
* Assist at tradeshows and with Professional Development Programs and Presentations for the purpose of adapting and implementing reputable and robust promotional materials and interactions with the public on the safe and effective use of products
* To maintain a working knowledge of, and to comply with, the regulatory environment, federal and state regulations regarding the appropriate interaction with health professionals who purchase products of the Company, the AdvaMed Code of Ethics and Company policies and procedures in order to ensure the interests of the customers, patients and company.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Keywords: Teleflex, Harrisburg , Medical Director, Clinical and Medical Affairs, Healthcare , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!