Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Full-Time - Harrisburg, PA (Correctional Med
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Company Introduction: PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in
operation since 1986. We're a private, physician founded and
nationally accredited correctional healthcare practice. PCM
provides comprehensive medical and mental healthcare services to
over 70 county-level jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers
throughout 5 different states in the Northeastern US (PA, MD, WV,
NY, & NH). Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and
exciting opportunity for today's medical professional in that it
provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned medical
skills and knowledge on a daily basis. Correctional healthcare is
the perfect hybrid of Primary Care, Urgent Care, and Emergency
Medicine; serving an often underserved and extremely diverse
patient population. Job Description: We are presently seeking a
hard-working, Full-Time Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work in the
medical department at the Dauphin County Prison in Harrisburg, PA.
This is a 40 hour/week position, Monday's - Friday's (no
weekends!). Shifts are typically 8-hours each during normal
business hours; however, there is flexibility. To quickly summary
some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on
- Full family healthcare & retirement benefits are
- Company paid liability insurance (including tail) is
- Generous PTO vacation plan included;
- Annual licensure reimbursement & CME resources provided;
- Tuition/Loan Assistance potentially available; and
- Much more. Job Duties: In this role the NP will be performing
physical examinations on all newly incarcerated inmates/patients,
as well as evaluating sick inmates/patients, and present your
observations to the attending physician. You will be responsible
for performing a variety of duties such as suturing and
administering injections and medications, drawing blood samples,
and evaluate of diagnostic findings. Other responsibilities will
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made
for each inmate/patient contact.
- Providing counseling and education on common medical
- Performing histories and physicals on all newly committed
inmates/patients in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, facility
requirements, and PCM policies and procedures.
- Complying with standards of care in accordance with NCCHC/ACA
and accepted healthcare standards.
- Developing and conducting in-service education programs
according to annual in-service calendar, as assigned by PCM Medical
Director and/or Administrator.
- Reviewing inmate/patient records to determine health status and
initiate necessary treatment.
- Screening inmate/patient sick call requests to determine
appropriate follow up care.
- Evaluating inmate/patients at sick call for common
- Ordering appropriate laboratory tests and X-rays.
- Ordering specialty consultations when indicated.
- Providing other services as required at the request of the PCM
Medical Director and/or Administrator.
- Providing ongoing, continuous care for inmates/patients with
chronic medical problems such as asthma, hypertension, and
- Collecting specimens for, and carrying out commonly performed
blood, urine, and stool analyses and cultures.
- Evaluating and initiating treatment in emergency situations
such as cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, hemorrhage, burns,
- Prescribing therapeutic modalities such as medications and
diets in accordance with regulations. This position is exciting and
fast paced, and as such we must have someone who is able to
multi-task well and has excellent time management skills. They must
also have the ability to work independently and be comfortable with
making patient diagnosis on their own. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed to practice as an NP in the Commonwealth of
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Maintain a current DEA number.
- Maintain a current Driver's License.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong clinical skills and ability to work independently are a
must. Company Overview: We're committed to managing and reducing
risk in correctional healthcare by providing cost-effective quality
healthcare management, continuously improving the standards of
care. Dedicated to correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on
our strong client relationships, effective and efficient management
of healthcare services. These attributes continue to be the
hallmark of our success. With new contracts established regularly,
opportunities for development and advancement are ample. PCM
utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice, and
specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said technology
is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At PCM, we're
dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing
individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We
teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully structure our
call requirements, to ensure that you're life outside of your
career is focused on the things that truly matter. To learn more
about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is the choice for quality
correctional health care, please apply today to schedule a phone
interview. We're ready to speak with you about joining our
PrimeCare Medical family! Keyphrases: correctional medical services
jobs, correctional medicine jobs, correctional health services
jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Harrisburg , Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Full-Time - Harrisburg, PA (Correctional Med, Healthcare , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!