Hardware Department Specialist Starting Pay $12
Company: Rural King
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Hardware Department Specialist Starting Pay $12 Store -
Harrisburg, IL - Full Time Job Description Job Title: Department
Specialist Job Location: Store Location Reports to: Assistant Store
Manager FLSA Status:--Hourly Non-Exempt JOB SUMMARY Department
Specialists execute the inventory maintenance (scanning outs),
merchandising, pricing, stocking, and zoning strategies and
practices for their department. They initiate outstanding sales and
service, maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and
cleanliness. They assist customers with purchasing decisions,
locating merchandise, and price questions. This position is also
required to help with carry-outs and load-outs. This position
requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate
associates. JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Merchandise, stock, and assemble merchandise when required
- Ensure quality customer service and staff supervision and
- Be familiar with standard concepts and practices within the
- Train floater and associates working in your area with store
standards, pricing integrity and product knowledge
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and load-outs
- Keep the department organized - including recovery &
- Develop product knowledge
- Scan out, lows and overs weekly or as needed
- Set POG neat, clean and orderly.
- Ensure Price Busters, Advertised, and Best Value items are
- Perform cycle counts
- Use general office equipment such as telephone, copy machine,
fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Operate Telxon gun, forklift, pallet jack, ladder, and other
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- 1+ years management experience preferred, with knowledge of
- Strong communications (written, oral and interpersonal
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment,
remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make
decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 40-hour workweek with
varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning
system, and wireless handheld unit
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire
onboarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training SUPERVISORY
- Direct store associates in assigned department PHYSICAL
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds
repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack
- Close vision for computer work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times per day
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and professionally
with all audiences (in-person or via handheld transceiver)
--Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Keywords: Rural King, Harrisburg , Hardware Department Specialist Starting Pay $12, Hospitality & Tourism , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!