RETAIL REGIONAL DIRECTOR - Harrisburg, PA
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: April 8, 2021
RETAIL REGIONAL DIRECTOR - Harrisburg, PA in GOODLETTSVILLE,
Tennessee - Careers at 95410-DIVISION 1 Skip Branding Careers
- Work With Us
- News & Awards
- Search Jobs Work With Us
- Retail Jobs
- Distribution Center Jobs
- Private Fleet Jobs
- Corporate Jobs
- Applicant Instructions
- FAQ Rewards
- Training & Development Culture
- Company Culture
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Search Jobs
- News & Awards
- Shop Online
- E-Verify Notice -- Copyright 2018 Dollar General
All Rights Reserved. RETAIL REGIONAL DIRECTOR - Harrisburg, PA in
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tennessee - Careers at 95410-DIVISION 1 Skip to
Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable
cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features
of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome
page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! RETAIL REGIONAL
DIRECTOR - Harrisburg, PA Requisition ID 2021-223553 Job Location
(Posting Location) : Address 100 MISSION RDG Job Location (Posting
Location) : City GOODLETTSVILLE Job Location (Posting Location) :
State/Province TN Job Location (Posting Location) : Postal Code
37072 Category Retail Management Company Overview Dollar General
Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80
years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every
day!-- by offering products that are frequently used and
replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning
supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday
low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General
operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In
addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells
products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox,
Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever,
Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo.
Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com. Job
Details GENERAL SUMMARY: Plan and lead the activities of all stores
within the assigned area of operation, including full profit and
loss responsibility, while acting within the scope of company
objectives and policies to accomplish regional and divisional
goals. DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead store teams, including
Area Managers and store management, by ensuring:
- A culture that fosters Dollar General's mission and
- Fair administration of human resources policies and
- Superior customer service through fun, friendly stores.
- Regional annual sales in excess of $150 million through quality
orders and efficient flow processes.
- All tools are utilized in each store and market resulting in
superior inventory presentation and management.
- Effective planning and execution of company objectives.
- Maximization of performance and productivity through a
commitment to sensible store scheduling.
- Total development of human capital, through proper selection
and education of employees and customers.
- Protection of company assets through loss prevention and
- Development of field partnerships with distribution centers,
merchandising efforts, store growth initiatives, training and
employee development priorities, recruiting, employee relations and
customer service response, and IS implementation.
- Consistent communication of company priorities to area and
store management teams. Qualifications KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership including the ability
to model total development and serve as a steward of Dollar
General's mission and values.
- Financial analysis skills sufficient to interpret operating
statements and other financial reporting data, manage budgets, and
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results by leveraging
resources, maintaining tough expense control, managing merchandise
effectively, and setting clear expectations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills
including a willingness to consistently provide superior customer
service, the ability to react appropriately under pressure, the
ability to apply good judgment in ambiguous situations, and
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to
achieve objectives in a participative management style.
- Outstanding verbal, written and technical communication
- Exhibit the leadership capability for development as Divisional
VP. WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree (Master's
preferred) with four+ years of multi-unit management experience and
seven+ years of retail with full P&L experience preferred;
equivalent education and experience combination will be considered.
Previous retail experience should be with a discount, convenience,
grocery or similar environment. COMPETENCIES:
- Drives results by identifying opportunities to improve
- Works efficiently by planning and organizing work to achieve
goals and objectives.
- Focuses on customers by anticipating customer need, overcoming
obstacles, and continually striving to improve customer
- Applies effective analytical skills by integrating complex
information, while balancing tactical and strategic
- Provides effective leadership by maintaining an environment
that promotes teamwork and maximizes individual potential.
- Communicates effectively by providing clear and timely
communication and demonstrating effective listening skills.
- Demonstrates adaptability by adjusting to changing business
priorities.-- Note: This position requires weekly travel in a
company-provided vehicle with limited overnight stays; a current
driver's license and acceptable driving history is required. _
#CC#SSC Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Refer this
job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Need help finding the
right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to
get started. Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Harrisburg , RETAIL REGIONAL DIRECTOR - Harrisburg, PA, Hospitality & Tourism , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!