Posted on: September 18, 2023
Job Title: Caterer
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Hospitality Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Food Services Catering Team
Date Posted: 08/23/2022
Job ID: R-36915
Job Summary Provides catering services for all the customers
utilizing Foodservice's Catering. Maintains a customer service
approach at all times when fulfilling responsibilities. Ensures a
professional and appropriate service standard while performing the
- Works closely with executive staff assistants to ensure that
their requests are handled properly.
- Responds in a positive manner to all customer requests.
- Coordinates the delivery of the special functions in a timely
and efficient manner.
- Processes catering requisition forms according to established
- Coordinates the delivery and presentation of catered events
according to established standards.
- Maintains and cleans all equipment relating to the delivery of
- Ensures that HACCP standards are followed at all times.
- Informs the Manager about quality issues.
- Will require driving a van on campus.
- Meets withManager on a routine basis to discuss upcoming events
- Works cooperatively with other personnel in a team effort to
accomplish departmental objectives in accordance with hospital
- Accesses the environmental needs of designated area, including
the cleanliness of rest rooms, meeting rooms, and kitchen.
- Notifies Environmental Services of any areas needing
- Ensures that all the customer needs ofdesignated areas are met
by providing audiovisual needs, photocopying needs and catered
- Completes all required in-services according to established
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Education High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)-
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Food Service (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Valid Driver's License - Default
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.by
Keywords: Geisinger, Harrisburg , Caterer, Hospitality & Tourism , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!