Manager of Payroll
Company: Voith Group
Posted on: September 18, 2023
About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad
portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications,
Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, paper, raw materials
and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has
around 21,000 employees, sales of --- 4.9 billion and locations in
over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger
family-owned companies in Europe.
Voith is hiring for:
Manager of Payroll
Interested to learn about Voith? Check out our video "Voith
careers" on YouTube.
Reasons you'll love working here:
- Flexibility with Work/Life Balance
- Hybrid Schedule and Summer Hours
- Dress for Your Day Dress Code
- Great Compensation and Benefits Package including 401K with up
to 5% Match AND a 3% Company Contribution to Start
- Paid Time Off and 10 paid Holidays per Year
- Climate-Neutral Footprint Worldwide
- Leadership and Professional Development Opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits Summary -
The Manager of Payroll is responsible for processing and validating
payrolls across North America and managing a team of Payroll
Specialists and Experts. This individual will work in close
collaboration with the Sr. Manager of Payroll and HRIS as well as
several other departments acting as a subject-matter-expert on
payroll rules to support the HR Services provided.
- Responsible for processing one or more payrolls in a complex
manufacturing and services company with multi-states and provinces
payroll, including garnishments, benefits, and taxes consistent
with federal and state or province wage and hour laws using the
- Subject matter expert on all payroll processes and procedures,
including but not limited to, off-cycle payrolls, retro-active
payments, documenting and updating procedures, preparing general
ledger entries, etc.
- Run and review payroll reports for accuracy and contact various
location personnel for clarification when needed. Import and export
interface files and correct out of balance situations.
- Ensure that Voith is in compliance with federal, state, and
local laws and regulations. Stay current on payroll laws that could
have an impact on our business.
- Act as the subject matter expert assisting payroll
administrators with any technical questions to ensure a good
internal customer service satisfaction.
- Engages in problems solving in a teamwork spirit creating
opportunities for processes improvement managing project
implementations as needed.
- Supervise and support the day-to-day operations of the regional
payroll team, including team members in other sites and countries.
Responsible for performance management and development of team
members. Required Skills/Abilities -
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience -
- Bachelor's degree in or equivalent in Human Resources, or a
related field of study preferred
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- 1+ years experience leading a small team preferred
- Experience with ADP Payroll WFN and E-time
- Multi-State Union Payrolls experience. Canadian payroll
experience is an asset
- Detailed knowledge of procedures covering multiple payrolls
that require different deduction and tax treatment Physical
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
*This job description is not all encompassing, however, is intended
to be a general description of the responsibilities of this
Keywords: Voith Group, Harrisburg , Manager of Payroll, Human Resources , York, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!