Senior Solutions Architect - Wireless
Posted on: May 13, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... As an Enhanced Collaboration
Senior Solution Architect, you'll fulfill the role of trusted
technical adviser for Verizon Business Group (VBG) clients. You
will also act as the technical solutions lead for internal and
external solution development including proposals, RFPs, RFIs, and
RFQs by putting together solutions across multi-towers (Cloud,
Security, Networking, UCC, Contact Center), supporting literature,
diagrams, write-ups, responses, and presentations.You'll be
collaborating on large wireless and wireline sales to our business
customers that will help them keep their organization connected and
run smoothly. You will be the technical expert on the sales team to
support data solutions sales. Partnering with both internal and
external teams, you will be the source inensuring that our
solutions are meeting our customer's technical and business needs
for the best solution and best customer experience. Verizon
Enterprise is engaged with 99% of the Fortune 1000 companies. In
particular, we are recognized by analysts and clients as a leader
in global security, voice and data networks, and Software Defined
Networking (SDN) and are focused on our client's success though
delivering the connected world Simply, Securely, Reliably.
- Being an integral part of the sales team to identify and
qualify business opportunities, identify key Client technical
objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical
- Owning the technical relationship with clients, including
managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work,
coordination of additional technical resources, and obtaining
Client requirements and translates these into a (Client specific)
Solution Design and/or Verizon Enterprise offer.
- Shaping innovative solutions that address current and future
- Collaborating cross-functionally to deliver outcomes.
- Building trusting relationships with internal and external
- Developing and providing expertise in all wireless offerings,
products, and services.
- Supporting our customers through trials to help them choose our
- Leadingsolution definition and solution design both internal
within Verizon Enterprise as well as towards the Client.
- Leadingprioritization of Client solution / technical
requirements and champions resolution of solution/product gaps
internally (also towards Product Groups).
- Working with potential Clients to analyze IT infrastructure for
potential opportunities to demonstrate Verizon Enterprise
solution's unique capabilities.
- Articulatingthe Verizon Enterprise vision on technologies and
solutions towards the Clientandpositions Verizon Enterprise as
thought leader on key technological developments.
- Traveling to Client sites, conferences, and other related
events.Where you'll be working:This hybrid role will have a defined
work location that includes work from home and assigned office days
as set by the manager.What we're looking for... You'll need to
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or four or
more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches.
- A valid Driver's license.
- Willingness to travel.Even better if you have one or more of
- A degree.
- Six or more years of experience as a technical sales engineer
in an IT infrastructure environment or experience in a
Client-facing or IT staff role (including working as a member of a
professional services or IT engineering team).
- Experience architecting IT infrastructure for scalable,
- Technology experience with WAN data communications, wireless
networks, DAS, Public and Private Spectrum, transmissions, and apps
that use wireless technology.
- Experience generating solution documentation for both internal
stakeholders and clients in the form of diagrams, slides,
documents, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new
emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the SDN / IT
- Technical knowledge of datacenter network architecture, SDN,
and large-scale private cloud networks.
- Multiple security, architecture, and industry certifications
(e.g., CISSP, TOGAFv9, ITIL, Cisco CCNA or CCNP, CCSK, Microsoft,
- Experience in three or more of the following: Data and IP
Services (MPLS, SIP, internet, VPN, SDN, NFV, SDWAN); Network
Operations (WLAN, LAN, WAN, IP PBX, Automation/Orchestration);
Security (DDOS, FW, IDS, WAF, DDI, SIEM, Analytics,
Micro-segmentation); Data Center Outsourcing (application
management, storage, virtualization, serverless); Call Center
Technologies (ACD, IVR, Call Recording, Chat, Cloud Delivery, toll
free, Omni-channel); IT Applications Management (SOA, Web
- Knowledge of leading technology network, security, and server
vendor portfolios (e.g., Cisco, Extreme, Aruba, Viptela, Versa,
Fortinet, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Juniper, HP, and Dell).
- Experience evaluating prospective IT infrastructure and deliver
the appropriate evaluation, ROI, savings, proposed operational
evolution and associated process management.
- Experience with IPTV and A/V systems.Equal Employment
Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and
celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know
that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Keywords: Verizon, Harrisburg , Senior Solutions Architect - Wireless, IT / Software / Systems , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!