Senior Software Developer - Burlington, NC
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Location: Sheetz Corporate - Burlington , NC
We sell hot dogs, beer, gas, and a bunch of other things, but were
really in the business of convenience and that should resonate with
you. At Sheetz, we have a history of making our customers lives
easier. We pioneered self-service touch screens for ordering food.
We rolled out our industry leading Sheetz mobile app long before
curbside pickup was around. Although were not a tech company,
technology has been at the forefront of our success. And who makes
that happen? You do!
Building, integrating and supporting the cutting-edge applications
that power 600+ stores, 22,000 employees and millions of customers
isnt an easy job, but thats why we do it! And we do it in an
award-winning culture thats casual and fun. If youre looking for a
Made to Order career, hit that APPLY button and lets chat!
All team members are remote due to the pandemic, keeping our
employees safe is most important to us. After we transition back to
office work when it's safe, we do have the option for remote work
arrangements for candidates living within our 6 state
What youll do:
The Senior Software Developer provides advanced technology
or native mobile languages like Java or Swift. In addition, this
position is expected to share expertise and be a mentor to less
experienced personnel relating to new development within the
Applications & Development discipline.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
* Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and
customer requirements for software
* Develop advanced software solutions using pre-approved
programming languages that meet or exceed the needs of the
* Create and tune advanced SQL queries as part of the software
* Define, create, and maintain application/system documentation
including Technical/User Documentation, Test Cases, Release notes,
* Demonstrate advanced knowledge of multiple applications, systems,
or development languages; whether open source, internally
developed, or purchased
* Maintain all assigned applications / systems; create and
implement regular updates to address customer and company
* Analyze applications/systems to identify, research, and document
weaknesses and errors.
* Ensure software security by adhering to Sheetz established Secure
Software Development Guidelines.
* Provide oversight and leadership to other team members
* Identify and support coaching and training opportunities for
other team members.
* Participate on teams that may include peer-level professionals,
specialized technicians, managers, contractors, consultants and/or
* Stay up to date on the latest development tools and industry
trends as they relate to Sheetz
* Provide troubleshooting and escalation support in collaboration
with all areas of IT and Sheetz Vendors to minimize business impact
on and off normal business hours. Sheetz is open 24/7/365 and as
such, our internal and external customers may require assistance at
Experience youll bring:
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses,
certifications and/or experience may be considered)
* A four-year degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, Computer Engineering; or a four year degree in another
field of study which includes courses in computer programming,
systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering is
* 7+ years of experience developing and implementing software
solutions, including the following:
* Experience working on large scale software projects
* Advanced experience developing software utilizing various coding
Development tools, or similar
* Experience developing secure software systems based upon industry
specifications (understanding of OWASP, PII and PCI is a plus)
* Professional program certification in Java is strongly
Tools & Equipment
* General Office Equipment
How youll grow:
We are an innovator in our space and we want to make sure you can
keep doing that. We are happy to send you to conferences and
continuing education to make sure you continue to be the expert in
We also provide employee training programs to continue your growth
in your field while here. We believe theres always room to learn
and we offer opportunities to gain hands on experience. Our
employees are always encouraged to explore new opportunities,
especially within our organization.
We have all the perks you would expect from a leading employer,
such as medical, dental & vision, in addition to that we have:
* Employee Stock Ownership
* College Tuition Reimbursement
* 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan a 4% match!
* Employee Profit Share
* VIP Sheetz Membership (Discounts!)
Sheetz, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience
company that has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600
locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland
and North Carolina.
Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of customers on
the go. Of course, things have changed over those nearly 70 years.
Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us to be there when
they need us most. One thing that hasn't changed is our commitment
to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we
operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars every year to the
charities it holds dear.
Keywords: Sheetz, Harrisburg , Senior Software Developer - Burlington, NC, IT / Software / Systems , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!