Technical Solutions Engineer
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to
enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan
servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator
and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education
expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers,
associates, and communities.The perks of working at Nelnet go
beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're
part of a community invested in the success of each individual.
That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our
mission of creating opportunities for people where they live,
learn, and work.The Technical Solutions Engineer works with clients
and internal associates to deploy code and SQL queries to create
reports, convert data, troubleshoot problems and develop other
custom deliverables.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops solutions efficiently and effectively given the
software tools available.
- Collects and analyzes data for import into the SIS and
identifies potential issues using a variety of tools including
SQL/T-SQL/Access queries and Excel Lookups, Pivots, and other
- Solves application support issues through effective
troubleshooting of complex problems with transactions, record
history, and log information.
- Performs data analysis and database adjustments for clients as
- Creates and supports baseline and forms-based custom reports,
requiring HTML and CSS code.
- Proactively resolves issues by identifying potential problems
and implementing solutions.
- Works within structured repository deployment environment.
- Stays up-to-date with various technologies employed in the SIS
platform and shares this knowledge with other support
- Perform many functions for the team using a wide variety of
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a technical environment.
- 2+ years of data analysis experience desired.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries preferred.
- Experience with HTML and CSS preferred.
- Extensive experience in examining, investigating and solving
dynamic problems.COMPETENCIES SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently.
- Skills to resolve complex problems under higher pressure and in
- Excellent time management and project prioritization.
- Strong record in collaborating with other teams.
- Demonstrated initiative and dependability
- Ability to be flexible, creative, detailed and customer service
- Highly analytical.
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative.Our benefits
package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous
earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance &
AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock
purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based
incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust
wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK
(http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .Nelnet is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and
takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are
employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without
regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or
sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service
animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other
status protected by Federal or State law or local
ordinance.Qualified individuals with disabilities who require
reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for
positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting
Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or
firstname.lastname@example.org .Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco
Keywords: Nelnet, Harrisburg , Technical Solutions Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!