Senior Software Engineer
Company: FARO Technologies
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Searching for a role where you drive some of the future s most
promising innovations? FARO is an international company where ideas
count more than hierarchy. We develop and market computer-aided 3D
measurement and imaging devices and software. At FARO, smart,
skilled people work together in an open atmosphere . And
challenging work never gets boring.
Become a part of this great team and start moving forward.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help
perform functions to design, develop, test and maintain production
and end-user software and/or embedded software applications for use
with the company s line of products, guided by precedent and
working within the limits of established policies. DUE TO THE
CONFIDENTIAL NATURE OF THE WORK, ALL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MUST BE
PERFORMED ON FARO PREMISES.
* Leading edge technology
* A team of Research and Development Professionals to work with
* An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, or other STEM equivalent and approximately
1-3 years experience minimum. Preference towards Master s
* Experience with REST API & Web Sockets
* Experience with Front End Frameworks (Bootstrap, React,
* Experience with Back End Frameworks (Node.js, Flask, Django)
* Experience with Database (PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server,
* Experience with object oriented analysis and design (Java, C++,
* Experience in Python
* Experience with network & information security
* Experience with JS unit testing Frameworks (Jest)
* Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Azure)
* Experience with Cross-platform frameworks (Electron, React
* Experience with Version Control (Git, Bitbucket)
* Experience with Web servers (Apache, NGINX)
* Experience with Open API Specification (Swagger)
* Experience with Mobile application programming(Android, iOS)
* Experience with Agile/Scrum development
* Experience with Digital Marketing/Social Media
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE @ FARO:
* Design and implement software for the company s new products as
well as maintaining existing product lines software as needed.
* Test software for adherence to requirements and Use Cases. May
write test procedures and test scripts to facilitate this.
* Design software for manufacturing data collection, storage, and
* May be asked to replicate various problems and determine root
* May be asked to develop software for use by production personnel
or the customer. May create user interfaces and implement customer
* May design algorithms using mathematical and geometrical modeling
* Will work as part of a team with other software engineers,
firmware engineers, and systems engineers.
* Research new methods, libraries and tool versions. Maintain
current awareness of industry standards and best practices.
* May be asked to write software requirements specifications, test
plans, as well as other technical reports. May be asked to document
test procedures and results.
* May be asked to interface directly with end-users to determine
requirements for new development and to resolve problems with
WHAT FARO CAN OFFER YOU:
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only
care for our employees but also to their immediate family members.
We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and
benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
* A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
* Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
* Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
* 401K with employer match
* Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
* Wellness fairs
* Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various
issues affecting their lives
* Other employee events
Occasional lifting of very lightweight materials, rare lifting of
lightweight materials (up to 25 lbs.) Some pushing & pulling and
reaching, continuous sitting, occasional standing and walking.
Continuous use of computer, keyboard and mouse.
Join us. Become part of a dynamic organization that values quality,
honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
FARO Technologies provides equal employment [and affirmative
action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: FARO Technologies, Harrisburg , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!